Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 18th October 2005, 17:01

Sergio Luis dos Santos
Smile Re: Fw 58 book - Badges identification/correction

Hello Andy. I have this title by Hikoki, as well as Aufklärer and Luftwaffe Fledglings. Besides them also some old Ries books and excelent two volume set by Sven Carlsen and Michael Mayer. What I discovered is that "Emblemes" and "Fledglings" do not shows all badges, several ones on Carlsen and Meyer are not depicted. I´ll try latter discover their colours.
Thanks for your help. I also have that page in my favorites!
Old 18th October 2005, 18:55

Sergio Luis dos Santos
Re: Fw 58 book - Badges identification/correction

Thanks Marc!

I still have a lot of books to take a look. Maybe some info can be found. Must see again all Luftwaffe Verband issues.
I do not have any Jet&Prop magazine or Archive book to check the badge 04.
I do not have any idea for a releasing date! This book was born as an walk-around booklet years ago by Sandro Dinarte, from Adler Editora. It didn´t go ahead for a long time. Few months ago Sandro had a meeting with me to show what he have obtained and invited me to help him. I though about this challenge and gave my ok. At this point we have almost no material on Luftwaffe and foreign users of the Weihe except for the Brazilians ones and few info based in books. I knew I had some contacts to ask for help but what happened since them was absolutely unexpected and amazing. We have obtained hundreds of photos - mostly never published - loss lists, Stkz and W.Nr. listings, etc... We have now an obligation to do a good book, no excuses for lack of material. Unfortunately I guess a photo from a NJ Weihe or the one operated by Norwegian Air Force for a short period will never surface.
Adler will be releasing very soon a new book, dealing with the P-47 in Brazilian Air Force with a good amount of previous unpublished B&W and Color photos:
http://www.adler-books.com.br/livros...hunderbolt.htm

Fw 58 Weihe book may be the next one.

Any news on the Weihe book progress will be noticed here in TOCH, the very first place I entered when becomed a "conected guy" and did good friends.

Hugs,
Old 20th October 2005, 13:41

Sergio Luis dos Santos
Re: Fw 58 book - Badges identification/correction

An update on badge 03. I have found among hundred of photos being sold on ebay a similar one in a Weihe too. The image is also bad but definitely not KG40´s world in a ring. Is it possible an little know badge from JG77? Looks a hat or a coat of arms within a ring.
Maybe someone now can have a better match.
Thanks,

Last edited by Sergio Luis dos Santos; 2nd August 2006 at 15:23.
Old 29th June 2006, 17:06

Sergio Luis dos Santos
Question Re: Fw 58 book - Badges identification/correction

A quick update after a very long silence! The work is still on but slower than I expected.
Few days ago browsing Ed´s links to photos being sold at eBay Germany found a good shot from a Fiesler Fi 156 with an unknown badge. This one looks very close the Badge 03 that has been not identified.
Maybe now someone can have a positive match for what looks a Courier Staffel badge.
Thanks again for the great support.

Last edited by Sergio Luis dos Santos; 2nd August 2006 at 15:23.