Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 23rd March 2008, 10:40

andrek is on a distinguished road
Lent' s Flugbücher and Personalakte online?

I am just wondering. A lot of people seem to have a copy of Helmut Lent' s flight books and there seems also a copy of Lent's personal file to circulate.

Last friday i called the Bundesarchive to get copies of the Personalkte (personnel file) and maybe copies of existing Flugbücher. But they don' t exist. So i think they exists somewhere else. Do they? If, can sombody give me the phone number of the archive?

as i mentioned i am writing a article for a regional newspaper about the possible removing of the Lent graves from the Stade cemetery. I mean the gravestones. Maybe i am writing a second article for a german flight magazine. Therefore i need verified information about the person Lent. WWW links don' t help and most literature references are more or less outdated or glamorize the war and thus not suitably to be used as a reference in germany. Thanks in advance.