Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 9th January 2019, 06:59

ZERSTORER is on a distinguished road
Unteroffizier Hermann Speck

As i'm currently reading Caldwell's JG 26 book, i came across the very first combat fatality of this squadron. Apparently on 13th May 1940 during the Battle for Holland, Unteroffizier Hermann Speck was rammed by the commander of a French formation of Morane-Saulenir MS 406 fighters after a prolonged, lone battle over Breda. All i could find about him was the picture i posted. If someone has more info and pictures, pls share.

Thanks.
Old 9th January 2019, 16:55
Alter Hase

Chris Goss has a spectacular aura aboutChris Goss has a spectacular aura about
Re: Unteroffizier Hermann Speck

Speck was the first combat loss for 1./JG 26 in May 1940 not JG 26. He was probably shot down by Sgt Edouard Le Nigen of GC III/3 and crashed by the pumping station on the Oude Dijk near Hoeven. No mention of being rammed