Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 4th October 2011, 21:38

Oberst is on a distinguished road
Re: Late war Bf 109 pictures source

Your welcome. Whats your take on the colours??
Old 4th October 2011, 22:28
Alter Hase

Pilot is an unknown quantity at this point

Various options, mostly based on RLM 75 and 82 but in few cases wings are RLM76 on top with RLM 75 patches. There is notable presence machines with patches schemes, there is dark variants with possibly two late greens and other version where all machine is in pale finish with patches in similar style but in medium color, possibly RLM75.

Tricky subject, no definite answer and all opinion and suggestions are good to hear.
Owner: www.sreckobradic.com
Owner: www.warplanes-zine.com
Email: srecko.warplane@gmail.com
Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/LetLet...s/308234397758
Old 4th October 2011, 23:04

Rasmussen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt_Farrel View Post
Rasmussen posted while I wrote so additionally, what's your take on the colors if not 83? What about the more traditionally camoflaged G-10's from Erla, do you believe them to have been 74/75 up to the end?
I know the colour stock of Erla and there wasn't an drop RLM 83.

Regards
Rasmussen
Old 5th October 2011, 00:22

veltro is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasmussen View Post
I know the colour stock of Erla and there wasn't an drop RLM 83.
Nice to know... now.

Guess that all the so far theorized 75/83 schemes should now be read as "75/82"...

Ferdinando D'Amico
Old 5th October 2011, 00:43

veltro,

what your opinion on these colours? seemingly correct? or should they be RLM 75/82?

http://www.forcedlandingcollection.s...136-Bf109.html
Old 5th October 2011, 01:07
Alter Hase

Marc-André Haldimann will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasmussen View Post
Nearly 30 years of research exclusivly on Erla ... your correct W.Nr. for this a/c was 151 965. You find an correct colour profile in the Lorant/ Goyat - book, volume 2, page 194 ... and ... none of the Erla a/c's had an "all - in - all" RLM 83 - camouflage because none of the Erla a/c's had RLM 83 on fuselage (if it was delivered direct by factory and not repainted somewhere).

Best regards
Rasmussen
Rasmussen,

Many many thanks for bringing in the correct W.Nr. of "Gelbe 5"! It is much appreciated. I would be glad to read what standard dark color was applied at factory level by Erla; and above all, I'm looking forward to see all your research published!

Thanks again
Marc
Old 5th October 2011, 01:21

veltro is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberst View Post
veltro,

what your opinion on these colours? seemingly correct? or should they be RLM 75/82?

http://www.forcedlandingcollection.s...136-Bf109.html
74/75 could certainly be a viable option, especially now that we know what Rasmussen has revealed.

Also "75/82" couldn't be ruled out, unless of course we will be at last able to know for sure what hue RLM 82 really was (or should I say what range of hues...?)

What we are sure of is that, IMHO, we can only offer more or less educated guesses, unless (or "if") a crystal clear colour slide could come to the rescue and enlighten us about one of those Erla machines.

Ferdinando D'Amico
Old 5th October 2011, 01:30
Alter Hase

Quote:
Originally Posted by veltro View Post
74/75 could certainly be a viable option, especially now that we know what Rasmussen has revealed.

Also "75/82" couldn't be ruled out, unless of course we will be at last able to know for sure what hue RLM 82 really was (or should I say what range of hues...?)

What we are sure of is that, IMHO, we can only offer more or less educated guesses, unless (or "if") a crystal clear colour slide could come to the rescue and enlighten us about one of those Erla machines.
Veltro,

Thanks for giving us an insight in this 74/75 possibility. Issue is I do not see any contrasted and segmented pattern in those machines published by Hideki Noro. The only one on which there is obviously one is the Grafenwöhr machine...

Am I missing something here?

Cheers
Marc
Old 5th October 2011, 01:35
Alter Hase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot View Post
Various options, mostly based on RLM 75 and 82 but in few cases wings are RLM76 on top with RLM 75 patches. There is notable presence machines with patches schemes, there is dark variants with possibly two late greens and other version where all machine is in pale finish with patches in similar style but in medium color, possibly RLM75.

Tricky subject, no definite answer and all opinion and suggestions are good to hear.
OK Srecko and Veltro,

75/82 noted... But I'm still unable to see any contrast in the Hideki Noro pics... Do you actually see them?

Cheers
Marc
Old 5th October 2011, 01:36

Veltro,
Many thanks. Would the same be applied to the Mtt-Reg built machines as the one in the link is?

Marc,
page 48 in JaPo - Bf 109 of JG52 in Deutsch Brod shows your aircraft in question and to me it clearly shows two different colours with a demarctation seperating them.