Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Community > On Offer

On Offer Please place your on offer ads here, however 12oclockhigh.net cannot be held accountable for any deal conducted through our forum.

Old 16th August 2018, 15:46

richdlc will become famous soon enough
400 More Rare Books For Auction!

Hi guys! It's time for this month's new eBay listings. As of around 19.00 GMT today (thurs 16th August) there will be 400 fantastic books on offer. There are plenty of rarities as usual, including over 20 scarce USAF unit histories, over 30 books multi-signed by RAF & US veterans, dozens of scarce French and German language books, many rare armour, military, aviation and naval books, rare Luftwaffe titles and hundreds of rarities overall.

Some items are listed on eBay France and eBay Germany, in Euros, and the rest are on eBay UK in GBP, although everything you win will be sent in one package for one shipping cost.

Everything has a low start price regardless of rarity and there are no reserve prices.

best of luck bidding, and please add me to your favourite sellers list as I list monthly!

Regards, Rich

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/m.html?it..._ipg=192&rt=nc
Old 16th August 2018, 18:58

AMC is on a distinguished road
Re: 400 More Rare Books For Auction!

There are some decent books here, the best list I've seen in a long time, but bugger I have most of those of interest to me...…..

Last edited by AMC; 16th August 2018 at 19:32.
Old 17th August 2018, 06:04

PMoz99 is on a distinguished road

Excellent selection of books!
Just a pity the postage costs are prohibitive for me ..... as an example a 160 page book on Helmut Wick postage to Australia GBP20+ ..... seems high? Many of the books considerably more than this.
Peter
Old 17th August 2018, 10:01
Alter Hase

Col Bruggy will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMoz99 View Post
Just a pity the postage costs are prohibitive for me ..... as an example a 160 page book on Helmut Wick postage to Australia GBP20+ ..... seems high? Many of the books considerably more than this.
Peter
They needn't be!

https://bookdepository.com/Helmut-Wi...8003893&sr=1-1

Buy it (you won't regret it), before the slimes in Canberra find another way to gouge even more money out of us. If you had have bought it prior to July 1, 2018, you would have got it 10% cheaper, ie the latest GST slug on overseas purchases. Amazon won't process orders from Australia. They refuse to become (unpaid) tax collectors for the Australian Tax Office. Good on them!

Col.
Old 17th August 2018, 11:31

PMoz99 is on a distinguished road

Thanks Col. Well aware of that site. But cheaper used from Abebooks.
As for the application of GST, I understand where our Govt is coming from. I have bought a lot of models from OS, usually 15-25% cheaper than the LHS price (there was even more saving before the AU$ eased). Call me disloyal, but you can't ignore savings like that, especially when you buy significant value as I have. I would imagine there are/were many others doing the same as me. It all adds up.
Maybe I'm biased (having an ATO past), but I think the move is justified, and provides a boost for local business. And why should O/S business be allowed to sell retail in Australia GST-free?
Now I have an arrangement with my LHS for a standing discount, plus with also having to pay 10% GST on O/S purchases, the local market looks much better. That's got to be good for Australia. A pain maybe for O/S sellers, but let's face it, they have a choice and could do the same as Amazon.
Peter
Old 18th August 2018, 12:49

Nick Hector will become famous soon enoughNick Hector will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMoz99 View Post
Peter
Peter,

If you want a copy of the Helmut Wick book, go to Adelaide Booksellers (Twin Street, just of Rundle Mall) I sold them my old copy as I did not require it any more. You could certainly ask them if they have sold it yet

Nick
Old 18th August 2018, 13:55
Super Moderator

Nick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col Bruggy View Post
They refuse to become (unpaid) tax collectors for the Australian Tax Office.
Col.
They're strangely averse to becoming UK tax payers as well.