Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Japanese and Allied Air Forces in the Far East

Japanese and Allied Air Forces in the Far East Please use this forum to discuss the Air War in the Far East.

Old 31st January 2014, 22:32

Bogdan is on a distinguished road
death date for jnaf Fumio Ohzumi and Tomikichi Maruta

hello
Please let me know the exact death date for the 2 jnaf pilots above. I know Fumio Ohsumi had a narrow escape on 8 september 1942 over guadalcanal, but the other is completely unknown to me.
Regards
Bogdan
Old 8th April 2014, 16:01

JYoung is on a distinguished road
Re: death date for jnaf Fumio Ohzumi and Tomikichi Maruta

Sorry for delayed reply.
Petty Officer 1st Class OHZUMI Fumio, died due to disease in combat zone on 15 Jan. 1943.
PO1C MARUTA Tomikichi, killed in flight accident (air collision) on 27 Apr. 1943.
Old 30th May 2014, 21:32

Bogdan is on a distinguished road

Thank you for your kind answer
I would like to know where you you got this information from,
I have the old Imperial Japanese naval air force pilots book (Hata/Izawa) but it lacks many data I so much desire to fill for my knowledge
However incomplete it is, one thing is sure: the survival rate for the JNAF pilots was almost nill, but they heroically died much later then the USN overclaims may sugest
Please let me know about your source. I would like to fill my data too
Please write me to Ardeleanubogdan@hotmail.com
Kind Regards
Bogdan
Old 2nd June 2014, 17:11

JYoung is on a distinguished road

My sources are as follows:

For OHZUMI
Koseisyo Engokyoku Gyomudai2ka [2nd Operations Division, War Victims’ Relief Bureau, Ministry of Health and Welfare], “Syowa 16 - 17 nendo Senshi (Junshoku) sya Tojoin Meibo”[List of Air Crew who were Killed in Action and Victims to Their Duties, Fiscal Year 1941-1942], a collection of Military History Archive, Center for Military History, National Institute for Defense Studies, Tokyo (here after refers as NIDS).

For MARUTA
Koseisyo Engokyoku Gyomudai2ka [2nd Operations Division, War Victims’ Relief Bureau, Ministry of Health and Welfare], “Syowa 16.12 – 20.9 Shibotsu (Junshoku) sya Tojoin Meibo[List of Air Crew who were Killed in Action and Victims to Their Duties, Dec. 1941 – Sep. 1945]”, a collection of NIDS.

Kaigun Kokuhonbu, [Air Headquarters, IJN], “Taisyo 3 – Syowa 20 Kaigun Koku Junsyokusya Meibo[List of IJN Air Crew who were Victims to Their Duties, 1914 – 1945]”, a collection of NIDS.

Best Regards,
JYoung