Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Post-WW2 Military and Naval Aviation

Post-WW2 Military and Naval Aviation Please use this forum to discuss Military and Naval Aviation after the Second World War.

Old 12th September 2011, 15:57

Mysticpuma is on a distinguished road
1970's Super 8mm footage shows Vulcan Bomber + Lancaster aerobatics

My Aunt recently passed away and while my Uncle was going through the belongings he found some old Super 8mm footage she had shot. He had them transferred them to a DVD and for the first time this-week I saw the films.

Now most of them are family memorabilia, but she did carry her camera with her a lot and on one of her trips to The Royal Show in Warwickshire (I make the assumption mid to late 70's) she recorded some low-passes by A Vulcan Bomber, a Lancaster Bomber, the Red Arrows and also some other aircraft I can't make out.

I have uploaded the clip (just over a minute long as sadly film was a luxury then for her) to youtube so anyone interested can view it.

There was no sound on the clip so I have left it as is.

Hope you enjoy it, cheers, MP

Watch it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuapUrUx3ig

After watching the clip I can appreciate just how large it was but also how 'daring' the pilots could be with low-level passes.