Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Reviews > Books and Magazines

Books and Magazines Please use this forum to review or discuss books and magazines.

Old 2nd January 2013, 18:32
Alter Hase

edwest is an unknown quantity at this point
Stalingrad and "lost" Sixth Army Doc.s [off topic]

Well fancy that. The long lost Sixth Army documents have been found and a new book on Stalingrad experiences a large expansion. I find this a little hard to believe. What? They were left in the cupboard?

From the Stone & Stone web site:

Well, not really news from Stalingrad, but news from Col. David Glantz about his Stalingrad books:
"Just a short update on the Stalingrad series, about which folks seem to be anxious. Thanks to some help from some German friends, volume three has 'morphed' into a 950-page narrative and 600-page companion volume containing both German and Soviet documents (including Manstein's and Paulus' and Schmidt's and Schulz's (chiefs of staff) correspondence, most key German orders, and Sixth Army's long-lost documents). I am in the process of proofing both, hopefully, to send the two books to the publisher by the end of February. The two volumes are as definitive as I can make them, and they answer most if not all of the controversial questions about the Soviet offensive and Manstein's relief efforts."

Usual disclaimer,
Ed