Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Reviews > Books and Magazines

Books and Magazines Please use this forum to review or discuss books and magazines.

Closed Thread

Old 20th January 2013, 14:32

Mirek Wawrzynski is an unknown quantity at this point
Analysis Luftwaffe losses in IX 1939 !

In January 2013 appeared in Poland very interesting text on the analysis of German aviation losses in the war over Poland in 1939. Its author is
Marius Emmerling, "Lista strat materialnych Ob.d.L. kwatermistrza (Gen.Qu.) 6.45. za wrzesień 1939 r. - analiza w świetle niemieckich danych archiwalnych", Lotnictwo nr 1/2013, s. 86-98. Or "List Property Damage Ob.dL Quartermaster (Gen.Qu.) 6. per September 1939 - An analysis in the Light of German Archival Data," Lotnictwo No. 1/2013, pp. 86-98 Or briefly - analysis Luftwaffe losses.

The author conducted a large query the archive for Luftwaffe participation in the war over Poland (issued on this topic 3 books in Poland in 2002-2006). The text is very good, has a number of tables, but the whole is in Polish. This is a big polemic author of Polish authors who write about the loss of the Luftwaffe in the war on Polish.

For those who are interested in the analysis of air loss, looking for information on this topic, it is a very useful text, very solidly made.

I highly recommend

mirekw

PS
The text is illustrated with 13 tables and 22 photos.
Old 20th January 2013, 14:36

Re: Analysis Luftwaffe losses in IX 1939 !

BTW
see this link:
http://www.magnum-x.pl/czasopismasec/lw/2422
Old 20th January 2013, 21:27
Alter Hase

edwest is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you, Mirek.

Ed
Old 22nd January 2013, 22:28
Alter Hase

Dénes Bernád will become famous soon enough

The last sentence of the excerpt (machine translation):
"So now, even in this context, it is impossible to validate as much as 97 Polish fighter wins of 126 collected and formally confirmed by the Polish side at the end of the war."
Do I understand it correctly? Only 29 of the 126 air victories officially confirmed to Polish fighters can actually be matched to German losses?
Old 23rd January 2013, 09:10

It is wrong translation of course.

In fact during Polish campaigne Polish fighters had destroyed about 49-51 German planes (damages over 60% up to 100 %) according reasarches of M Emmelring in Bundesarchive he put such figures in his books and in this article too. Next about 100-101 was destroyed by Polish A/A.
Total losses done by Polish sideis about 150 planes over 60% damages.

96-97 this is amout of destroyed only by Polish fighters according by Jerzy B. Cynk. He had done such statmeds in his book 12 years ago. He has never done such deep resarchces about LW's losse, and he overestimated Polish fightyer's sucucces in total losses.

126 - this is the amout of credited victories to Polish fighters (total destroyed) done by Bajan's commission in 40-ties in London. For over 40-50 years this was the basic figure of Polish fighter success in IX 1939. This data was created according only pilots claimes, no any German's archive data.

mw
Old 24th January 2013, 21:37
Alter Hase

Please just translate properly the last sentence, so we would know what the author wanted to say. Thanks.
Old 25th January 2013, 20:25

Text M. Emmerlinga is very good science. It's a great job analytic query based on a deep archive. Unfortunately, it has a very big minus. It is written in a very bad Polish language (a language style banglo-Polish, Horror-Polish). I know that the editorial was devoted a lot of time for it to become the material more readable for Polish readers.
This time it was released in the upstream release, or in horror-Polish.

Reading the many times I caught him behind his head on the wrong style.
I will not go translators. First, I had to translate it from Polish version of M. Emmerlinga to correct the Polish language, and then again in English.
No way!

mw
Old 27th January 2013, 16:34
Alter Hase

All I've asked was to check the translation of one single sentence (the last one). Never mind.

I don't know why you are complaining about Mr. Emmerling's Polish language skills, because he is not Polish. The very fact that he writes in Polish is commendable.
Old 27th January 2013, 17:17
Alter Hase

Jukka Juutinen is an unknown quantity at this point

To be honest, Mirek's English is horror-English.
Old 27th January 2013, 19:47

Dens you are wrong, he was a Polish citisent and had gone to Polish schools - elematary level had passed full, I suppse?

Yes, I know it in 115%, my English is horror, :-)

But is better language the none, and we are talking about Polish language, printed in Polish professional magazine, written in Polish by person who quite long had lived in Poland. He was a Polish citisent before emigration to Germany (born in Katowice in Poland), He was 15 when he had become a German citisent. His wife is Polish too. Too many Polish connection and too many horror errors in Polish.

English is not my mother's language. It makse a difference, a little.