Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Allied and Soviet Air Forces

Allied and Soviet Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the Air Forces of the Western Allies and the Soviet Union.

Old 7th March 2009, 19:04

HALLOUIN
Advanced Landing Grounds in Normandy

Hi
The one of would have you in his possessions of the aerial photos and plans of the advanced landing ground in Normandy. I'm search for A1 St Pierre du mont, A2 Criqueville, A3 Cardonville, A4 Deux Jumeaux et A21 St Laurent sur Mer. I live nearby and I would like in to know more on these airfields.

Thanks you by advance

Frédéric
Old 8th March 2009, 14:49

Allan125 is on a distinguished road
Re: Advanced Landing Grounds in Normandy

Hello Frédéric

What you need to find is a copy of "La Bataille Aerienne de Normandie 1944" by Jean-Pierre Benamou and Francois Robinard ISBN 2-908561-07-7 Editions-Diffusion du Luys as it holds all the information, maps, photos etc. that you need.

It is out of print - but you should be able to obtain a copy from a bookseller - have you tried asking at the Museum in Bayeux if they hold any of the maps you are after - they might even have a copy of the book that you could look at?

cheers

Allan
Old 9th March 2009, 17:31

HALLOUIN

Hello Allan

Thank you for your answer.

Frédéric
Old 16th March 2009, 12:23

olliball is on a distinguished road

Hello Frédéric,

I only have information on ALG A2 Cricqueville. It was built both on Cricqueville (north part of the landing strip) and La Cambe (south part of the landing strip). A book, unfortunately out of print, was written by a French association who helped to built in the 80s big stones with a plaque in honor of the American Fighter Groups which were stationned in these landing grounds.

I hope this will help.

Olliball
Old 18th March 2009, 13:15

HALLOUIN

Hello Olibal

Thank for your answer

I'm search this book

Fred