Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Reviews > Books and Magazines

Books and Magazines Please use this forum to review or discuss books and magazines.

Old 7th April 2020, 03:10

stukapilot is on a distinguished road
Re: Battle for Belgrade - April 1941

congrats, mr. Ognjević and mr. Nikolić
i'll be one of the first readers to order this book, but i have a question. two years ago, i bought a serbian book titled "RATNI DNEVNIK" by same publisher and mr. Ognjević. so any new stuff or difference in this new book?
best regards
Old 7th April 2020, 13:19

vvkj41 is on a distinguished road

Hello and Thanks Stukapilot,

Ratni dnevnik (Combat Diary) was published by Leadensky Books (2016) and announced book will be by Službeni glasnik. We only use Leadensky Books website as a temporary location for presentation as it was mentioned in announce.

The Ratni dnevnik book describes the participation of the 1. Fighter Brigade (2 & 6.Fighter Regiments) VVKJ in the April War, and only their aerial operations. The book Battle for Belgrade - April 1941 covers all the events surrounding the bombing of Belgrade. From a military coup on 27 March 1941, through preparations for air defense, the defense itself and entering of German troops in Belgrade. It also cites the huge damage done to buildings and infrastructure supported by more than 300 photos.

Chapter 5 (Belgrade Air Defense) from the Battle for Belgrade (describing aerial operations over Belgrade) has been translated into English from my book Ratni dnevnik with some modifications and adding of portraits and bios of 6. Fighter Regiment pilots who lost their lives in combat. Most of them published for the first time.

The significant difference is in the photos. In addition to a few unpublished ones from the 6. Fighter Regiment, for the first time unknown and exclusive St.G.77 photo material has been published thanks to my friend and co-author Djordje Nikolic, who also owns the said photographs. So, the aerial operations represent only one part of the announced book.

Best Regards
Aleks

Last edited by vvkj41; 7th April 2020 at 16:24.
Old 7th April 2020, 17:08

stukapilot is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvkj41 View Post
Hello and Thanks Stukapilot,

Ratni dnevnik (Combat Diary) was published by Leadensky Books (2016) and announced book will be by Službeni glasnik. We only use Leadensky Books website as a temporary location for presentation as it was mentioned in announce.

The Ratni dnevnik book describes the participation of the 1. Fighter Brigade (2 & 6.Fighter Regiments) VVKJ in the April War, and only their aerial operations. The book Battle for Belgrade - April 1941 covers all the events surrounding the bombing of Belgrade. From a military coup on 27 March 1941, through preparations for air defense, the defense itself and entering of German troops in Belgrade. It also cites the huge damage done to buildings and infrastructure supported by more than 300 photos.

Chapter 5 (Belgrade Air Defense) from the Battle for Belgrade (describing aerial operations over Belgrade) has been translated into English from my book Ratni dnevnik with some modifications and adding of portraits and bios of 6. Fighter Regiment pilots who lost their lives in combat. Most of them published for the first time.

The significant difference is in the photos. In addition to a few unpublished ones from the 6. Fighter Regiment, for the first time unknown and exclusive St.G.77 photo material has been published thanks to my friend and co-author Djordje Nikolic, who also owns the said photographs. So, the aerial operations represent only one part of the announced book.

Best Regards
Aleks
thanx for your details, mr. Ognjević. i'm in. this book meets my fancy
Old 14th May 2020, 05:10

esc201faem is on a distinguished road

Hello
I am very interested in the book and other about the RYAF during April of 1941 please let me know how to order it in the future.thanks

Santiago A Flores
Old 14th May 2020, 18:54

djnikcy is on a distinguished road

Santiago, thank you for your interest in our book! We will post the notification here as soon as it is out and ready for sale.
Old 25th May 2020, 05:45

Hello
On your web site you have another book with the Hurricane and Fury book, the one of the Pilot in front of the BF-109 what is it about

Cheers
Santiago
Old 27th May 2020, 11:28

Hello Santiago,

Regarding Hawker book that you mentioned, take a look at http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/showthread.php?t=55717

The second one with the Messerschmitt at cover page is "Ratni dnevnik" - Combat Diary of 1 & 2. Aviation Brigade VVKJ in 1941 April War. The book is in Serbian language.

Cheers

Aleks
Old 4th January 2021, 15:17

Hello to all of you Guys,

We want to let you know that the book was printed a couple of weeks ago. Due to the pandemic situation, we received our specimens before the holidays.
The book can also be purchased on Amazon (almost 115 USD!), but I will also post links to purchase it in other locations due to the price of postage conditioned by the heavy weight of the book (6.6 pounds/3 kg).

Be sure to ask about the price of postage for your country.

Publishers website: http://www.slglasnik.com/
and contact email for sales: prodaja@slglasnik.com

Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08R2RMJD2..._tgR5FbRMF4N54

Delfi Book Shop: https://www.delfi.rs/knjige/165066_b..._knjizare.html

With Best Regards from Serbia and United States,

Aleks & Djordje
Old 24th January 2021, 22:50

Orwell1984 is on a distinguished road

I received my copy of this book. It is much larger than I expected but it has a great design to it. The pictures are printed in a sepia tone as opposed to standard black and white. This doesn't bother me as the reproduction is still crisp.
First looks are impressive. I will have to read it to flesh out my overall view.
Old 31st January 2021, 05:45

Hello
is the book out for Sale

Cheers
Santiago