Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Reviews > Books and Magazines

Books and Magazines Please use this forum to review or discuss books and magazines.

Old 10th May 2022, 22:08
Alter Hase

Theo Boiten will become famous soon enoughTheo Boiten will become famous soon enough
Update on Nachtjagd Combat Archive series

Dear all,

I am pleased to tell you that I have finished work on the final proofs of the NCA 1945 volume, which will now be printed and published by Wingleader by early July. I have written this volume myself, as unfortunately Wingleader was unable to contract Rod Mackenzie last year -Rod, as many of you know, has written a massive magnum opus on the subject and has since decided to go his own way in finishing and publishing his works.

I also have a request: I have almost finished work on the Eastern Front and Med Nachtjagd volume for the NCA series, and am looking for a proofreader of this issue. Who can help?

Cheers, Theo
Old 11th May 2022, 17:43

richdlc will become famous soon enough
Re: Update on Nachtjagd Combat Archive series

Theo
I proofread all the books for my imprint Chandos Publications, I would be able to do it. Please PM me if interested
Old 12th May 2022, 14:22

laurent14 is on a distinguished road

Hi Theo,
Glad to have fresh news. 1945 in a single volume?
Old 12th May 2022, 17:58
Alter Hase

Theo Boiten will become famous soon enoughTheo Boiten will become famous soon enough

Hi Nick -thanks for your kind offer but I've already found a proof-reader for the NCA Eastern front/Med volume.

And Laurent; yes, a single 128 page volume for 1945, incl four maps and a fine selection of mostly previously unpublished photos.

Cheers, Theo
Old 23rd May 2022, 16:24
Alter Hase

Dear all -another little update that I just received from Wingleader: Just to let you know that we placed the 1945 book with our UK printer, who will have it delivered next week! We had our most recent Battle of Britain volume printed by them and they did an excellent job.

So delivery of the NCA 1945 will already start next week!

Cheers & I hope you'll all enjoy the new read, Theo
Old 31st May 2022, 21:35
Alter Hase

Dear all,

Here's a link to the NCA 1945 volume:

https://www.wingleader.co.uk/shop/na...t-archive-1945

Cheers, Theo
Old 1st June 2022, 16:57

Carsten Petersen is on a distinguished road

Hi Theo
I just ordered you book and it is already on the way to Denmark. I am looking forward to your book which (hopefully) will solve a few holes in my information. What is your next project ??
Old 2nd June 2022, 16:59

Bombphoon is on a distinguished road

Just ordered the entire run of 12 volumes - don't expect to see me out the house for at least the next couple of weeks.
Old 2nd June 2022, 19:14

Kari Lumppio is on a distinguished road

Hello Theo!

Any estimate for the Eastern Front Volume?

Cheers,
Kari
Old 5th June 2022, 17:48
Alter Hase

Hi chaps,

Thanks for your kind replies. Contrary to what has been said in various social media re the NCA series over the past few weeks, it is NOT completed yet. Next out will be a single volume about the Nachtjagd on the Eastern Front, SE Europe and the Med, which is due out by the end of this summer. A final volume in the series -a fully illustrated NJ bio's volume- is due out towards the end of this year.

And a next project? Not for some time yet; I've worked my pretty little ass off on the massive NCA project over the past 15 years, always next to a full time job. So I'll take some time off writing after this year. But rest assured my friends, I have a couple of new projects slumbering at the back of my mind, but not for the next year or two.

Cheers, Theo