Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Reviews > Books and Magazines

Books and Magazines Please use this forum to review or discuss books and magazines.

Old 15th October 2021, 00:10

mars
Verified Victories: Top JG 52 Aces Over Hungary 1944-45

"Verified Victories: Top JG 52 Aces Over Hungary 1944-45", will be published by Helion & company in Feb 2022 (https://www.amazon.co.uk/Verified-Vi...6&unfiltered=1)

Victory or overclaim? That is the question!

As new military archival materials began to surface internationally, it became necessary to update and correct some of the legendary chapters of aviation history including world records of the Luftwaffe's famous and most successful fighter unit, Jagdgeschwader 52. In this book, the respected reader will find a fundamental analysis of the aerial victory claims of the top eight JG 52 fighter aces over Hungary throughout 1944-1945.

The method of analysis within this book is very simple: if a plane was shot down by a pilot, then the opposing side had to lose a corresponding plane. While it is true that Soviet aerial losses were inaccessible to most researchers for the past several decades, it is also true that this lack of information created a plethora of legends of the aerial war over the Eastern Front. Unfortunately that one-sided narrative, unable to be verified from the 'other' side, created a biased and 'alternative' aerial history.

In our post-archive era, the doors of many archives including that of the military archives of the Russian Federation have begun to open to researchers. This creates an opportunity to learn about an otherwise unattainable piece of history.

Since the authors, through their co-operation with the Szolnok Aircraft Museum, had access to the records of every Soviet aircraft lost over Hungary during the Second World War, a comparison of claims to losses could be made right down to the individual pilot-versus-pilot level. Plane to plane and face to face, these former enemies may be seen together for the first time in nearly eighty years.

The findings in this book and the authors' analysis and comparison overturns previously known statistics and accounts by verifying the aerial victories of famous pilots including Erich Hartmann, Gerhard Barkhorn, Helmut Lipfert, and others.
Old 15th October 2021, 04:49
Alter Hase

HGabor has a spectacular aura aboutHGabor has a spectacular aura about
Re: Verified Victories: Top JG 52 Aces Over Hungary 1944-45

Hi Folks,
I am pleased to announce that, with my son Daniel, we will be publishing our first co-authored book titled Verified Victories: Top JG 52 Aces Over Hungary 1944-45! As the title implies, we analyze the victory claims of the top JG 52 aces over Hungary in great detail. Focusing down to the pilot-vs-pilot level, this book contains previously unpublished information, particularly from the VVS side.
We are excited to bring this book to the market and are currently finalizing the text and artwork. A hint as to what the respected future reader should expect: extreme detail, many tables and lists, lots of data, firsthand accounts, exciting and intriguing revelations, new photos, original artwork by Maria Horvath, digital artwork by Daniel Horvath, and a clearer understanding of the air war over Hungary and the Eastern Front during the 1944-45 time period.
We would also like to thank those on TOCH which have assisted us this far.
Gabor & Daniel.
Old 15th October 2021, 10:12
Alter Hase

Stig Jarlevik will become famous soon enough

Hi Gabor

That was indeed very good news.
When I read the AD yesterday I immediately thought about you. But not knowing your family name I was not certain.

By co-incidence I got Khazanov's book yesterday, but I will "store it" for the time being and read both books together...well sort of....

In this case, and having followed you on TOCH, may I say already in advance what I think all of us already know:
"Worth waiting for" (thank you John Mills and an "Ice cold in Alex")

Cheers
Stig
Old 15th October 2021, 13:28

superbee is on a distinguished road

Only in paper back? No hard cover??
Old 15th October 2021, 15:06

mars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stig Jarlevik View Post
Hi Gabor

That was indeed very good news.
When I read the AD yesterday I immediately thought about you. But not knowing your family name I was not certain.

By co-incidence I got Khazanov's book yesterday, but I will "store it" for the time being and read both books together...well sort of....

In this case, and having followed you on TOCH, may I say already in advance what I think all of us already know:
"Worth waiting for" (thank you John Mills and an "Ice cold in Alex")

Cheers
Stig

What is the title of Khazanov's book? Is it written in English ?
Old 15th October 2021, 15:43
Alter Hase

Stig Jarlevik will become famous soon enough

Yes it is

Title: Air battles over Hungary 1944-45
Publisher: Helion & Co
ISBN: 978-1-913336-20-2

I bought it via Amazon

Cheers
Stig
Old 15th October 2021, 18:02

mars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stig Jarlevik View Post
Yes it is

Title: Air battles over Hungary 1944-45
Publisher: Helion & Co
ISBN: 978-1-913336-20-2

I bought it via Amazon

Cheers
Stig

Nah, I won't recommend this one
Old 15th October 2021, 19:22

ZhekaB is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mars View Post
Nah, I won't recommend this one
Hi!
I'm interesting, why is that?
Old 15th October 2021, 19:49

mars

It only contain not that much in-depth research from Soviet source, not much information from German and Hungarian perspective
Old 15th October 2021, 21:05
Super Moderator

Nick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by mars View Post
It only contain not that much in-depth research from Soviet source, not much information from German and Hungarian perspective
How do you know this about a book that (according to Amazon) will not be published until next February?