Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2nd October 2011, 13:07

Observer1940 is on a distinguished road
GAF Crash Arbroath 'ARBIRLOT' and Others 14/15th August 1940 Night and POW Reports

The researched information which appears on here never ceases to amaze me and I was wondering please, if anyone has any files, or located any POW Reports for GAF aircraft which crashed during the evening of the 14th August 1940 and the early morning of the 15th August 1940.

One GAF aircraft at 21.30 hrs raid 81 (listed as a Heinkel III) which appeared in North Wales area was shot down near SEALAND. Does not say if there were any survivors.

One GAF aircraft crashed given at " 'ARBIRLOT' (Arbroath)" and described as "possibly raid 12 which originated 70 miles E Aberdeen at 02.55, crossed coast near Arbroath" - Three Dead and One Injured according to the Fighter Command Control Log covering 14/15th August 1940 [early 15th August 1940].

Bombs were dropped at Montrose at 03.20 hrs.

One described as "Ex Cherbourg N" Raid 173, 07.09 - 07.30 hrs and reported Dornier down 5 miles SE of St. Catherine's Point.

I expect there may have been more? I am interested in any PoW War Reports, but any information as to whether there were survivors and the possible existence or likelihood of PoW Reports would be most helpful.

Thanks
Mark

Last edited by Observer1940; 2nd October 2011 at 13:12. Reason: "crossed" spelling