Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 13th August 2012, 01:45
Alter Hase

edwest is an unknown quantity at this point
Wright Field Luftwaffe reports list, pt. 2 and 3

Wright Field Luftwaffe Reports parts 2 and 3

Just a reminder to all, that all I have are lists of reports, and not the reports themselves. Here I present selected entries from parts two and three. Both of these parts have less pages combined than Part One.

Part Two

Air Scient.Intel.
Tech. Transl. 14
A.D.I. (Science)

Accuracy and deviation of the “Sonne” long wave beam system by day and night. By Rawer. Deutsche Luftfahrtforschung. FB 2011.

N F2 0-3259-46 Adaptation of mine detector principles to proximity fuse for rockets, glider bombs, etc.” By Dr. H. Weller of Deutsche Forschungsanstalt für Segelflug (DFS) “Ernst Udet”, Diagrams, incl. (ComNavEu X2609).
3 Apr. 44. 11 pp. Restricted.

N CGD-345 Additional three component measurements on the finned projectile model A4 V12/c. By Raffel. 66/108. Bell Aircraft translation. 6 pp. Restricted.

N CGD-443 Air and Mass Forces in Helicopter Rotors with Oblique Hinge (Supplementary Report.) By Sissingh. United Aircraft Translation. Unclassified.

N F 2 A-4381-46 (1) Catapults (2) Seats - Tests: (3) Seats Ejector - Airplanes. (GER) AC 5-4-13. Focke Wulf, Bad Eilsen, Germany; “Catapult Seat Tests;” 1940; 62 pp. Confidential: (COMNAVEU A771-46 Encl. F, G, H, I, J, & K (CIOS Target No. 25/15).
Six translated German documents dealing with ejection seats for aircraft, with technical data on various type tests conducted, and results. (Encl. (F) KX-311 “Tests of Catapult Power through various Cartridge Charges”. Encl. (G) XP-99 “Catapult Seat Take-Off Test, reported on”. Encl. (H) XB-98 “Catapult Seat Take-Off Test, reported on”. Encl. (I) XB-97 “Catapult Seat Take-off with a Human Body, report on”, Encl. (J) XB-134 “Report on Catapult Seat Test as Conducted on Do-335". Encl. (K) CN-135 “Report on Catapult Seat Take-off Tests as conducted on Do-335".

A F-TS1002-RE The dynamic stability of helicopters with articulated rotors. Second partial report: The hovering longitudinal stability of a helicopter with counter-rotating rotors. (Beiträge zur dynamishen Stabilität der Drehflügelflugzeuge mit gelenkig angeschlossenen Blättern). Translated by Mass. Institute of Technology.

A F-TS1001-RE The performance characteristics of the helicopter. By Hohenemser. Anton Flettner G.m.b.H. Flugzeugbau. Jan. 1945. NACA Translation.

Part Three

N CGD-517 Flight tests concerning flight characteristics about the transverse axis at high Mach numbers of the model Me 262 V-3. Fluguntersuchungen ueber Eigenschaften um die Querachse bei hohen Machzalen am Muster Me 262 V-3. E. Kuhle. DVL UM 1418/1. North American Aviation translation. 31 pp. Restricted.

N F2 A-4642-46 Report on D.S.F. Ainking, June 3 1945. ComNavEu A847-46. 20 pp. Restricted.

[Note: Boy. Did they get this wrong. It should be D.F.S. Ainring, but it might present a problem if the document was filed with this title. Ed]

N CGD-474 Three component tests on spheres in supersonic flow. Dreikomponentenmessungen an Kugeln im Uberschall. 66/46. Peenemuende, June 10-11, 1941. Chance Vought aircraft translation GTR 46. 5 pp. Restricted. By Lehnert.

Ed
Old 13th August 2012, 05:16

Richard T. Eger is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Wright Field Luftwaffe reports list, pt. 2 and 3

Dear Ed,

Thanks for the additional information. I've seen reference to very few F2 reports and, frankly, don't know their provenance, although I'd love to be educated about them. Can anyone help?

Regards,
Richard
Old 13th August 2012, 18:13
Alter Hase

edwest is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Wright Field Luftwaffe reports list, pt. 2 and 3

Dear Richard,

You're welcome.

Best,
Ed