Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 27th November 2022, 13:37
Alter Hase

Roger Gaemperle is on a distinguished road
(F)/22 in 1945

Hello,

I am trying to trace the history of (F)/22 in 1945, but could not find much information in my library. Is there any recommended book that tells a bit more than just when the unit was disbanded? Something like a unit history.

Thanks,

Roger

Old 27th November 2022, 13:59

Andy Mitchell will become famous soon enoughAndy Mitchell will become famous soon enough
Re: (F)/22 in 1945

Roger,

This may help

https://www.luftwaffedata.co.uk/inde...rungsgruppe_22

Andy Mitchell

LuftwaffeData Wiki including the history of Aufklgr. 122
Old 27th November 2022, 18:41
Alter Hase

Larry deZeng will become famous soon enoughLarry deZeng will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye30 View Post
Hello Nick -

The entries in https://www.luftwaffedata.co.uk/inde...rungsgruppe_22 also include all of the bases. The entries there also include my footnotes for each entry. You might care to know that ASISBIZ does no original research in archives, books, personal documents, etc. Instead, they get their material from other websites where trusting researchers have posted their findings for the benefit of all with the proviso that other individuals of questionable integrity don't purloin it whole hog and install it on their own website without crediting the source.

Henry L. deZeng IV
Old 27th November 2022, 22:11

Buckeye30 is on a distinguished road

Thanks Henry Didn't realise that.
Nick
Old 28th November 2022, 00:22
Alter Hase

Larry deZeng will become famous soon enoughLarry deZeng will become famous soon enough

Thank you very much for your understanding and reply, Nick!

Larry deZ.
Old 30th November 2022, 08:36
Alter Hase

Roger Gaemperle is on a distinguished road

Hi Andy and Henry,

Thank you Andy for the link and Henry for the excellent research. I really appreciate that you share your work and also give references to the used sources. Regrettably, there are people who copy text and photos and use it for their own website or publication without asking or giving proper credit. Some of the photos from my Captured Eagles Vol. I of which I released an eBook for iPads as well (which made copying photos easy) ended up in other books without any credit.

One question for source 34 for 3.(F)/22 2nd formation: what does the decimal refer to? I am familiar with AFRHA, but usually have reel and frame number to identify a certain page.

Keep up the great work. Your Luftwaffe officer and airfields list as well as your unit summaries both published online as well as in your books that I have in my library were often very helpful for my research on Captured Eagles Vol. II.

Regards,

Roger

Old 30th November 2022, 10:50

Andy Mitchell will become famous soon enoughAndy Mitchell will become famous soon enough

Roger,

Thanks for the comments.

We are striving to provide as much information as possible.

Here is a link that may help explain the source of note 34 for 3.(F)/22 2nd - formation http://airforcehistoryindex.org/search.php?q=512.625S

Larry, no doubt, will be able to provide something a little clearer.

Andy Mitchell

Old 30th November 2022, 16:15
Super Moderator

Nick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura about

Bundesarchiv RL4 II/32: Kriegstagebuch des Generals der Aufklärungsflieger 01.01.45–26.03.45
21 January 1945
1.(F)/22 by sea from Kjevik to Jüterbog-Waldlager for re-equipment.
6 March 1945
Hptm. Fuchs designated as Staffelkapitän of 1.(F)/22.
Bundesarchiv RL 2-III/68: Aufstellung, Umbildung, Umbenennung und Auflösung.- Sammlung von Verfügungen, Dienstanweisungen, Organisationsplänen und Geschäftsverteilungsplänen, Band 26 (März 1945)
(page 041):
Telegram of 25 February 1945
To: OKL FüSt. IA Fl. Kurfürst
Geheim
Ref.: Disbandment of 3.(F)/123
1) Gen.d.A. requests the ordering of:
A) Disbandment of 3.(F)/123
B) Disbandment to be carried out by Lfl.Kdo. 10 in agreement with Gen.d.A.
C) Freed-up flying personnel as a group [and] from freed-up groundcrew and vehicles to filling-out of 1.(F)/22: 2 drivers, 1 equipment manager (signals), 26 signals personnel. 1 heavy wheeled tractor, five medium lorries to be placed at the disposal of the Gen.d.A.
2) Reason: Amalgamation of long-range reconnaissance under emergeny programme.
Gen.d.A.
sgd. v. Barsewisch
Nr. 1263/45 geh. (B)
National Archives HW 13/42: GNA Vol. XVI, OPD 1405–1494, 2.1.45–6.5.45
CX/MSS/OPD 1434
30/31 (January 1945)
… II. Norway
3. 1 a/c of Recce Kette Ob.d.L. worked Stavanger 09.21. 1 a/c of 1.(F)/22 identified with Trondheim 11.44, 1 of III called by Trondheim 17.05–17.11.
Old 30th November 2022, 19:54
Alter Hase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Gaemperle View Post
Hi Andy and Henry,

Thank you Andy for the link and Henry for the excellent research. I really appreciate that you share your work and also give references to the used sources. Regrettably, there are people who copy text and photos and use it for their own website or publication without asking or giving proper credit. Some of the photos from my Captured Eagles Vol. I of which I released an eBook for iPads as well (which made copying photos easy) ended up in other books without any credit.
One question for source 34 for 3.(F)/22 2nd formation: what does the decimal refer to? I am familiar with AFRHA, but usually have reel and frame number to identify a certain page.
Keep up the great work. Your Luftwaffe officer and airfields list as well as your unit summaries both published online as well as in your books that I have in my library were often very helpful for my research on Captured Eagles Vol. II.
Regards,
Roger
Nice hearing from you, Roger!
AFHRA: decimal 512.625S.
Andy has already replied to this, but I thought I might add an additional comment. The Air Force Historical Research Agency developed its own cataloging system right from its inception with the numbers to the left of the decimal point indicating where AFHRA got the folder, file or document from. Number 512 is the British Air Ministry, while "625" is one of the thousand or more subjects or sources administered or managed by the wartime British Air Ministry. If my memory serves me, "625" included interrogations of Luftwaffe POWs, with the "S" suffix referring exclusively to documents and statements taken from or provided by Gen.d.Flieger Karl Koller, Chef d.Genst. der Luftwaffe in May-June 1945.

Hope this helps!

Henry ("Larry") de Zeng IV
Old 2nd December 2022, 20:45

Nick,

Thank you very much for sharing the additional information regarding both 3.(F)/123 and 1.(F)/22.

Most useful and much appreciated.

Reference to these will be included in the relevant Wiki pages in due course.

Andy Mitchell