Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Community > General

General Please use this forum to post feedback, suggestions and problems relating to 12oclockhigh.net

Old 11th January 2007, 01:17
Alter Hase

Juha is on a distinguished road
How to copy a answer before sending it

Just lost an answer while posting it. It wasn't first time and it's rather annoying to lost one hour work while knowing that I'll not have time to do it again for a while. I wrote a longer answer than I originally planned and my laptop began to run rather hot, so I suspected trouble but I could not figure out how to back-up the answer for an another try if the posting would not succeed. So how one can copy or save one's answer before posting it?

Sorry Kalender1973 and Stig, I'll try to find time to answer on Hyvönen's book at weekend.

Juha
Old 11th January 2007, 02:31

fsbofk is on a distinguished road
Re: How to copy a answer before sending it

There may be a direct method within TOCH that others know about, but I don't. So, although a bit clunky, you can copy your reply to Word at any time (periodically if you're writing a long reply) by highlighting your text, then clicking on File and Save at the top of your screen, then Paste it to your blank Word page. If you lose your reply, you can reverse the process and copy it to the TOCH reply window.
Old 11th January 2007, 07:47
He who rules the forum...

Ruy Horta has disabled reputation

There is no means within the forum tool.

I always copy my longer forum posts at stages, but only to memory, through [CTRL][a] followed by [CTRL][c], simple and effective if things go wrong.

If your PC locks up you still lose your text, but the method can be extended by pasting [CTRL][v] into you favorite word processor and saving the text in stages.

The other way around works too, write your long text in word or wordpad and copy paste into the forum text editor.

Now iI were to continue this post, I'd probably do a [CTRL][a] and [CTRL][c] at this stage.

And now I see with eye serene
The very pulse of the machine;
A being breathing thoughtful breath,
A traveller between life and death;
Old 11th January 2007, 09:20
Alter Hase

Juha is on a distinguished road

Thanks to both.
When knowing that my message would be long i have learned to use a word processor but in this time the answer got much longer than I had initially thought. When I suspected that might have problems in posting it I highlighted the text but after right clic there was not an option of copy in the menu and I didn't remember the "clicking on File and Save at the top of your screen" option, stupid me. So when posting the message got only a white screen and the message disappeared to the bits' heavens.

Thanks again
Juha