Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 2nd February 2024, 22:51
Super Moderator

Nick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura about
Re: Anti-submarine warfare

I meant that these are weapons in the BM series (= Bombenmine) rather than the Fl.W.B. Wasserbomben which were, apparently, purpose-built for ASW.
Old 3rd February 2024, 16:58
Alter Hase

Juha is on a distinguished road
Re: Anti-submarine warfare

I would say that it is a mine whose self-destruction system will detonate it if it falls on soft ground or too shallow water, due to the tidal effect, it can become visible during low tide, allowing the opponent to explore its secrets, or on hard ground.