Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 7th November 2008, 16:53

bavgan is on a distinguished road
Differences in cockpits between Swiss and German Bf109G-6

Hello,

Does anybody know if there were any differences between the German and Swiss AF Bf 109G-6 cockpits / instrument panels?

I know that the Swiss Bf 109E had some gauges, instruments, Revi and actually a instrument panel different from the German Emils.

For those who may have Georg Hoch's book Messerschmitt Me 109 in Swiss Air Force Service, can you please check the book if it has any G-6 cockpit photos? If yes, I will buy the book.

Thanks,

Batur
Old 8th November 2008, 01:37
Alter Hase

Revi16 is on a distinguished road
Re: Differences in cockpits between Swiss and German Bf109G-6

I have the book, here's a pic of J-706 after a landing accident June 14, 1946. The second pic is in the book, but not id'ed to any specific 109. It may not be a Swiss G-6.
The Swiss G-6's were not special built models, they were exchanged for the destruction of the Bf-110G-4 Nachtjager that landed in Switzerland. I believe they retained the basic German configuration.

P.S. I do like the book, it has many unseen pics (to my eyes at least) , but the translation has a lot to be desired. A lot of grammar and "wrong wording" mistakes. Some sentences just don't make any sense.

Regards,
Mike

Last edited by Revi16; 27th April 2009 at 01:04.
Old 8th November 2008, 12:48

Thanks for the photos Mike. They include almost what I am looking for. It seems that they are not tatally the same with German Gustavs.

Thanks again and have a good day.

Batur
Old 8th November 2008, 13:55

philippe1 is on a distinguished road

hello Bavgan,
have a look at
www.cockpitinstrumente.de
its an interesting site with swiss instruments and also a instrument panel swiss 109
the person if you want to know more about it is mtr wiedmar erwin ,who is the owner of the cite
Old 8th November 2008, 17:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by philippe1 View Post
hello Bavgan,
have a look at
www.cockpitinstrumente.de
its an interesting site with swiss instruments and also a instrument panel swiss 109
the person if you want to know more about it is mtr wiedmar erwin ,who is the owner of the cite

Thanks. Yes, I know Erwin's site and his Swiss Bf 109E panel display. In fact, it was me who made the metal data plates on his 109E panel.

Batur