Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Reviews > Books and Magazines

Books and Magazines Please use this forum to review or discuss books and magazines.

Old 14th June 2014, 02:31
Alter Hase

Nokose will become famous soon enough
Aviation in the Stalingrad Battle

There is a Russian book out now on the air battle at Stalingrad called "Авиация в Сталинградской Битве" by Vladimr Ratkin. I looked at several pages of the book on the internet but wasn't impressed with the information that I could read. Noticed several comments by Russians that were not impressed with the content. The book has 288 pages but seems to have about 200 pages of text and the rest is aircraft profiles, charts, etc. The big shock to me and I guess to Russians is the price. 1148.40 Rubles and in the U.S. $82.84 plus shipping. There are some download files but with hackers it might not be safe now days.
Old 14th June 2014, 17:25

Mirek Wawrzynski is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Aviation in the Stalingrad Battle

The book has very limiedet edition (the edition 2013, 1000 copies), size A-4, printed on creda paper. A lot of data, photos with good descriptions in one book, which in fact costs high.

Depends what kind of data you need? Cheaper will be buying a book done by Ch. Bergstrom (the same subject), but after Barbarossa's title (plenty of errors) I do not trust him.

Main text up to 200 but later not only information about planes, plus colors of planes but also some useful tables about units both side, plus priłozenieje no 1-17 (pp 266-279)

mw