Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Allied and Soviet Air Forces

Allied and Soviet Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the Air Forces of the Western Allies and the Soviet Union.

Old 9th December 2009, 19:36
Alter Hase

Andy Saunders is on a distinguished road
Alan Wright - 92 Squadron Battle of Britain Pilot

Several people have contacted me and mentioned that Alan Wright, former Spitfire pilot with 92 Squadron during the Battle of Britain, had passed away. I was surprised there had been no mention of this, and Google trawls etc threw up nothing. Those "in the know" believed that he was still with us, although the source of this information was Dilip Sarkar's recent book "The Few". I have not seen it, but evidently his death is reported on page 246.

According to (hopefully!) reliable information Alan Wright is still with us. This subject has been discussed elsewhere on another forum , but since the rumour of Alan's passing has been gathering momentum of late I thought I would just post this information here.

In the event that forum members have read in this book a statement that Alan Wright has passed away it is evidently (and thankfully) incorrect.

An unfortunate and unforgiveable error.