Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 12th February 2008, 14:01

Dave Bobbiggles is on a distinguished road
Spinner Colours

Can anyone direct me to a good source of Luftwaffe Spinner Colours for 1940? In particular what unit carried a 70 Black Green & Red Tipped Spinner during the Battle of Britain?

Thanks in anticipation
Old 12th February 2008, 19:51

Jon
Re: Spinner Colours

Hello,

I think you are asking this question regards "The JU88 Spinner" i asked it a while back and got one response..please see below

Regards

Jon

Q.
What was the colour of the Prop spinners on JU88's from 8/LG1 at the end of October 1940...... Red and Grey ?
Do any colour photos or pictures exist of JU88's from this unit during the BoB

A.
My guess would be red, as 8.Staffel identification colour was red. The entire spinner could have been painted in this colour, or if just the front portion or tip of the spinner, then the remainder would most likely have been the standard dark green (RLM 70, if memory serves me).
Old 12th February 2008, 23:10

Dave Bobbiggles is on a distinguished road
Re: Spinner Colours

Thanks for that Jon.

My only concern is the colour on the spinner is similar to those seen on Junkers Ju 88's of Kampfgeschwader 30, hence my question?

See you soon.

Dave Brocklehurst