Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 25th October 2008, 21:10

Stormfighter is on a distinguished road
Udet Honor Guard Members

Can anyone identify these two members of Udet's honor guard? Is the officer at left possibly Walter Storp? If anyone has the answers, please e-mail me at Feldpost@aol.com or send me a PM. Thanks!

Barry
Old 25th October 2008, 21:37

Pär Salomonson is on a distinguished road
Re: Udet Honor Guard Members

The officer to the left looks like Gordon Gollob to me.
Old 25th October 2008, 21:54

Udet Honor Guard Members

Thanks Paer, you are right. Gollob held the rank of Hauptmann at that time while Walter Storp was a Major. Could the other officer possibly be Storp?
Old 25th October 2008, 22:14

Okay, I found a source for who was supposed to be in Udet's honor guard (Dabid Irving, Die Tragoedie der Deutschen Luftwaffe, page 204): Galland, Oesau, Moelders, Luetzow, Hahn, Gollob, Dinort and Storp. We can rule out the officer at right being Galland, Moelders, Luetzow, Hahn, Gollob and Dinort. Thus, it is either Major Walter Storp or possibly the officer who subsituted for Werner Moelders. Does anyone know who substituted for Moelders?
Old 25th October 2008, 22:49

I just found another photo of Udet's honor guard that shows Major Walter Oesau among them - I am rather convinced that Oesau is the officer at right in the original photo I posted. I also have a feeling that Major Walter Storp replaced Moelders. It presumably would have been convenient for Goering to replace Moelders with Storp at that time, especially because Storp was serving at the R.L.M at that time.