Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 18th July 2018, 11:02
Alter Hase

ouidjat is on a distinguished road
Re: eBAy: Captured german planes

Thanks Roger,

I was just going to post this:
"I really feel your pain Ed.
You’re so full of rage and frustration you don’t realize what you write or what you read.
Where did you see complaint in my post?
I just wrote you’re wrong and I wrote it the most educated way possible in such circumstances.
Say that to Südek a.k.a. Archive of Modern Conflict the real – one of – subject of your grievances.

As for what you missed, just inform your, few, friends you’re binding on this or that … They won’t; The same way I’m doing... Because yes I buy, not a lot but I do, something you obviously don’t know – but for any obscure reasons you think I don’t – and I do it to publish - Surprising isn’t it - or to share with friends.

Last but not least it seems, or show me I’m wrong, and this is the funny part of your post:
If for you it’s enough to share news by mail, to comment by mail … What are you doing in this forum?
If you ask people here to share by mail and comment by mail instead of doing it here.. Why, then, do we need a forum?"

So I won't !

And, as it seems we are in good company, you just answer to my last (but not least) very question.
If I dare, I'd like to mimic Marc's last comment which was:
"The way you answer to Ouidjat is - unfortunately for you - your signature"
Here it comes:
The way you answer to us, Roger, is - fortunately for us - your signature .. as usual.
Another good reason to continue here; to find good company!

Regards,
Franck.
Old 18th July 2018, 11:43
Alter Hase

RudiS is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by edNorth View Post
Most/many of your listings are also not all that intresting, also many are well known, like Ju 88 PI+SX abowe, his brothers and sisters, have been mentioned or posted on many times, and not worthy of further discussion. These are wrecks and have no further history but scrapping. Period.
Things that are not of interest to you, might be of interest to others, Ed. Not everybody have the same interest in the Luftwaffe, let alone know as much about the Luftwaffe as you do.

Quote:
I urge you to show some restraint, as I find this eBay posting on TOCH! is becoming kind of advertizing board, and raising prises on us.
Could you give me an example? And how do you know that these other bidders didn't get their info from the LRG? Or that they didn't find these items themself on eBay?
Quote:
I urge you to show great restraint in posting, please ask your friends or experts by normal email if item really is historical, questionable or even worthy of posting.
You mean we should not post things before we have yours and some other collectors' permission who possibly would like to bid on these photos themselfs? How can you garantee us that they will NOT give the go ahead for posting interesting photos in order to get them cheaply themselfs?

And is all of this just for the captured Germans planes thread or also applicable on the "Germen interest" thread?
Old 18th July 2018, 12:48
Alter Hase

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudiS View Post
And is all of this just for the captured Germans planes thread or also applicable on the "Germen interest" thread?
You do mean edWest listing, for example?..
But Ed (West) always did protect new discoveries, I mean VERY interesting, by giving the links .. AFTER the end of bids.

And there are more interesting situations in this "game".
Some are treating directly with sellers asking them to withdraw auctions. It works!
Sellers are selling through "private" auctions.
Sellers who advise you they have "something" and going to put in auction, just for you....
I've been the beneficiary of such "help" ... And more, since in one case the seller didn't want to sell/send to the country where I lived, I did ask one of TOCH member, living in the right country, to pay for me - after I had bid, indeed - to get the picture and forward to me ... And he kindly did even if, sometimes, we did had arguments in this forum.

The fact being EdNorth is living on another planet; an old planet without web, computers, scanners indeed and other modern tools.

Broadly speaking we all live in a collectors' world. I discovered this starting to "work" and publish in and for a French review where JY Lorant - a friend of us, at least a friend of mine - was editor assistant at the end of the 70s.
And I discovered that "collectors" - whatever the subject - are liars, selfish, envious, paranoids, petty and miserly, and ready to steal objects and ideas (I'm not talking about JYL)
And, the only way "collectors" have to protect their "statute" is to dispraise ...

Franck.
Old 18th July 2018, 12:52

ChristianK is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Malfara View Post
Hi ChristianK
Are you referring to the post#1128 Me262's?
Regards

Vince...
Hey Vince - what do you mean?

And my two cents in regard to the discussion above: Ed - You are saying that our photo listings here attract some wealthy buyers who (after winning the auction) hide these photos away from public forever. And the posters here are doing that by ... making them visible to everyone.
Ain't this a little contradictory?

Also: If you are a researcher, do you really need the physical picture in your own hands to do your research? I don't think so.

(Yes, I know there is always the problem with Photoshop et cetera, and this can only be cleared by physical access - but this problem can also occur with published photos. How can you tell with a hundred percent certainty that these are real? I guess you just have to live with these doubts in our day and age.)

And I know this is frowned upon, but if you really want to publish a work, for example, about Me 262 jet bomber units and you really want to put a certain photo in it, to which you don't have physical access to, you can just use the downloaded picture anyway.

If I recall correctly there is no copyright on these unless the original photographer claims it (or some image provider puts a fat watermark on it). Just saying - even though I am not totally sure about this point. But quite.

In the end I think that posting all these photos and auction links is much more profitable for our community (and Luftwaffe research in general) than keeping them secret...
Old 18th July 2018, 13:56
Alter Hase

Snautzer will become famous soon enough

1. Ju188 https://www.ebay.com/itm/WW2-US-Phot...cAAOSwcVZbTpSR
  2. Tail https://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-ph...0AAOSwgetbTo9z
  3. Wellenmuster Cammo Glider https://www.ebay.com/itm/WW2-US-Phot...sAAOSw3dxbToLR
Old 18th July 2018, 14:29
Alter Hase

And some more:

https://www.benl.ebay.be/itm/G-I-Sna...19.m1438.l2649

https://www.benl.ebay.be/itm/Vintage...19.m1438.l2649

https://www.benl.ebay.be/itm/Vintage...19.m1438.l2649
Old 18th July 2018, 15:17
Alter Hase

edNorth is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snautzer View Post
Dont feed a throll.

Not even spelled right. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll
Old 18th July 2018, 15:29
Alter Hase

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouidjat View Post
You do mean edWest listing, for example?..
But Ed (West) always did protect new discoveries, I mean VERY interesting, by giving the links .. AFTER the end of bids.
Hi Franck,
I was referring tot he links of edwest2 & Snautzer in the "German interest" thread. These are very much live auctions. Even the onces you have posted are live auctions onces.
Old 18th July 2018, 16:32
Alter Hase

Snautzer will become famous soon enough

Most post in the interest ebay section are mine. All of them live at time of posting. For that thread alone close to 40.000 views. It is with the captured Ebay i started and rudis keeps quite a block buster. I do not post for researchers alone but for the community. Been doing that since the beginning of the internet and will keep doing that. Throll or not.
Old 18th July 2018, 17:03
Alter Hase

Talking Re: eBAy: Captured german planes

Quote:
Not even spelled right. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll
That's what I wrote "A man from an old planet":
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Throll