Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 26th August 2005, 03:07

Buck Dany is on a distinguished road
Smile Pilots list of I/JG 27

Hello,

More information about my search (JG 27 "Bodenplatte")

I search a list of pilots from I/JG 27 who started in Rheine on january 1st for Operation Bodenplatte and attack the airfield of Brussel Mealsbrok

Many thank's

Buck Dany
Old 29th August 2005, 13:46
Alter Hase

John Manrho will become famous soon enough
Re: Pilots list of I/JG 27

I have never seen a list of pilots of I./JG 27 that participated in Bodenplatte. In fact I didn't see such a list for any Gruppe except for III./SG 4. I am not sure in what extend you research the contribution of JG 27 to Bodenplatte, but you can find a lot of material in my Bodenplatte book or in Prien's JG 27 books. If you are interested in Bodenplatte alone, I would suggest you buy my book.....Or be more specific in your questions. Cheers, John Manrho.

Last edited by John Manrho; 29th August 2005 at 23:28.
Old 29th August 2005, 22:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Manrho
I have never seen a list of pilots of I./JG 27 that participated in Bodenplatte. In fact I didn't saw such a list for any Gruppe except for III./SG 4. I am not sure in what extend you research the contribution of JG 27 to Bodenplatte, but you can find a lot of material in my Bodenplatte book or in Prien's JG 27 books. If you are interested in Bodenplatte alone, I would suggest you buy my book.....Or be more specific in your questions. Cheers, John Manrho.
Hi John,

My search about I/JG 27 is a particular search.
One off my friend 81 years old participate at Bodenplatte with this Gruppe
his name Ludwig Perrette and he was Lt or OLt

Best regards

Buck Dany
Old 30th August 2005, 09:57
Alter Hase

First of all the information available on the Bodenplatte mission of I./JG 27 is fairly limited. Unfortunately the number of surviving pilots is declining and at the time of my book I only had a statement of Fhr. Otto Theisen on hand (published in Jägerblatt 1984). The maxiumum number of pilots who could have participated in Bodenplatte was in my opinion 22. However, based on the ADI(K) Report of Fhr. Theisen is seems more likely that 16-20 a/c participated. In my book I used the low number of 16 as the most probable. The following pilots participated for sure;

Oblt. Eberhard Schade (Kdr, Stab. I./JG 27)
Fj.Uffz. Ferdinand Fink (1.St) (KIA)
Lt. Heinrich Wiese (St.Fhr. 2. St) (KIA)
Uffz. Heinrich Braun (2.St) (KIA)
Fhr. Otto Theisen (2.St) (POW/WIA)
Lt. Joachim von Stechow (2.St) (KIA)
Fw. Gert Gäbel (3.St) (KIA)
Gefr. Arno Diesing (4.St) (MIA)

The following pilots are likely to have participated. This is based on information which pilot was with I./JG 27 at that time, had flown misisons before and is known not to have been recovering from wounds etc.

Oblt. Max Winkler (St.Fhr. 1.St)
Uffz. Walter Neumann (2.St)
Ofhr. Kurt Stähler (3.St) (KIA on 1.3.45)
Uffz. Oskar Badelsmayer (3.St) (KIA on 14.1.45)
Uffz. Helmut Kabas (3.St) (KIA on 25.2.45)
Lt. Helmut Beckmann (St.Fhr. 4.St) (could be that he was recovering from injuries sustained on 27.12.1944)
Uffz. Werner Sperling (4.St)

OK, we have now 15 names, I would assume there are a couple of more candidates but perhaps Dr. Jochen Prien could assist here further. The name of Lt. Ludwig Perrette is unknown to me. If he particpated in Bodenplatte I would be delighted to hear his story. Regards, John Manrho.
Old 5th September 2005, 20:50
Alter Hase

Sometimes I feel a little bit used..... It took me about 1,5 hours of my very valuable spare time to get the above info on the I./JG 27. No reply of the guy who asked the question.... Sometimes I wonder why I should answer questions of an alias at all....... Greetings, John.

Last edited by John Manrho; 5th September 2005 at 23:37.
Old 5th September 2005, 22:40
He who rules the forum...

Ruy Horta has disabled reputation

BTW, shouldn't that be Buck Danny?

Have to admit that I enjoyed his adventures when I was still a young boy, although how he managed to stay young from WW2 to the 1980-ies was somewhat of a mystery.

Always remember that others learn from and enjoy your answers as well.

Also, with this forum I hope to keep all this data online for as long as I can (financially speaking), unlike the old limits of Server.com

So you have my thanks

And now I see with eye serene
The very pulse of the machine;
A being breathing thoughtful breath,
A traveller between life and death;
Old 5th September 2005, 22:52
Alter Hase

Thanks Ruy. I know this and that is one of the reasons to respond. Maybe somebody else likes the info too. Anyway, I liked Buck Danny too.....cheers, John.
Old 5th September 2005, 23:22
Super Moderator

John Beaman is an unknown quantity at this point

John:

I appreciate this work and all your work...always!

John
Old 5th September 2005, 23:42

Jean-Yves Lorant is on a distinguished road
Cool Re: Pilots list of I/JG 27

Hi John,

I know personnaly "Buck Danny", which told me the whole story - I searched too. I would be pleased to say him that regarding your research a little Dankeschön für die Bemühungen would not be bad...I already told him, the fact of a Lt. Ludwig Perette flew the Bodenplatte mission seems very dubious. This old man has only a portrait of him in Luftwaffe uniform, and as unique proof for Bodenplatte he said he startet from Rheine airfield on 1st January 1945. According to him he was never posted to a Jagdgeschwader for a long time, but officially "Luftwaffenstabs-Offizier". Worst: M. Perette declared "almost twenty kills" in WW 2, without for obscure reasons filing a single one to the OKL. What he told Buck Danny about the encountered ennemy aircraft is more surprising. Naturally no logbook, no papers... but perhaps some good books at home ?

April, April ist für manche Spaßvögel das halbe Leben !

Na, gut John - Du hast erneut als Bodenplatte-Spezi Deine Pflicht erfüllt...

Hals und Beinbruch an Alle !
Old 6th September 2005, 22:01

Hello to all, viele grüsse an alle,

Apologies to all!!!

I was very occupied in the last days and I have not the oportunity to read the different quote (Meeting in Marville France, many hours of flight, and many wook to prepare an expo about the FAFL...).
many thanks for the different quote and particulary to you John; vielen dank für die arbeit und bemühungen!!!

at moment, I search information about my friend at Bundesarchiv in Freiburg;
I give you more details in 3 or 4 weeks

Ein Katchmarek ist und bleibt ein Katchmarek

Best regards

Buck Dany (surname give by my SQ friends in 1978)