Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 8th April 2014, 23:51
Alter Hase

Larry Hickey
Seeking full names of two 6./KG3 airmen during Polish Campaign

Hello,

Seeking full name of pilot, Lt Eichbaum, and BM Rank and first name unknown Heberle aboard this a/c:

According to the EoE LW Loss DB: "1 September 1939 Polish Campaign Amend: 6./KG3 Dornier Do17Z. Shot down by AA fire during sortie to attack ammunition dump south-west of Grudziadz and troop concentrations near Jabłonowa rail station. Belly-landed near Książki and exploded soon afterwards 6.10 p.m. BO Uffz Heinz Steinbeiss killed, FF Lt [ ] Eichbaum, BF Uffz Herbert Pohl, and BM [ ] Heberle all unhurt. Aircraft 5K+KP 100% write-off."

Who can help?
Old 9th April 2014, 09:58

ARADO001 is on a distinguished road
Re: Seeking full names of two 6./KG3 airmen during Polish Campaign

Hello Larry,

I have the three following names in my database as members of KG 3. HEBERLE, Georg - EICKELBAUM, Hermann and EICKELBERG, Hans. I have no ranks or crew assigments for them, so I don't know if this is of any use.

Best regards,

Patrick
Old 9th April 2014, 17:49
Alter Hase

Larry Hickey
Re: Seeking full names of two 6./KG3 airmen during Polish Campaign

Patrick,

Both of these leads look promising. Thanx. Maybe now someone else can jump in here and provide the correct name for the pilot, which may have been misspelled in the original report, and the rank of the BM Heberle.