Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Japanese and Allied Air Forces in the Far East

Japanese and Allied Air Forces in the Far East Please use this forum to discuss the Air War in the Far East.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 9th June 2007, 20:27

kolya1 is on a distinguished road
Re: Flying Tigers VS Christopher Shores?

Hi,

I just wanted to remark something about loss statistics.
I agree that the argument about "hidden losses" is almost always unsubstantiated.

But I wished to remark that the cause of losses may sometimes be questionable.

Generally, this is not the case, but when records are uncomplete, this may happen, the example about which I'm thinking about here is German losses on the Eastern Front, where some combat losses have been later recounted as accidents, or air-to-air losses as caused by AAA, or various different causes mentioned (I think about Hans Ahn's loss or the death of Otto Kittel).

That said, I'm playing here the devil's advocate...

Kolya.