Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Reviews > Books and Magazines

Books and Magazines Please use this forum to review or discuss books and magazines.

Old 12th April 2024, 09:48

Paul Frawley is on a distinguished road
Re: 'Axis Wings' The Luftwaffe & co-belligerent air forces' compendium

Quote:
Originally Posted by richdlc View Post
God you're such a massive paid in the arse. If you hate books so much, don't bother buying them. I'm done with your constant griping at everything and everyone. If you can do better, then by all means do so.
Just ignore the fool Ric - the muppet has been booted off various forums. Chandos publications have delivered cracking books. Was a pleasant surprise to see another forthcoming publication announced today.

Thanks again Richard for your outstanding contribution to aviation publishing.

Regards

Paul
Old 12th April 2024, 11:17

Siko54 is on a distinguished road

It's a fabulous new publication and a must buy for me, I have no idea what he is complaining about myself. It's a shame when passionate individuals like Rich go to the considerable time/expense in creating high-quality publications for our niche interest and get flamed by keyboard warriors over matters of absolute trivia and nonsense. If it's so easy go and do it yourself....
Old 12th April 2024, 16:08

Orwell1984 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Frawley View Post
Just ignore the fool Ric - the muppet has been booted off various forums. Chandos publications have delivered cracking books. Was a pleasant surprise to see another forthcoming publication announced today.

Regards

Paul
Checked my inbox and saw the announcement myself.
Another must buy, margin justification be damned

Love the work you're doing at Chandos, Rich.
Old 12th April 2024, 16:53
Alter Hase

Jukka Juutinen is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Beale View Post
Obviously I have a bias here, but I’d be far more interested to know what you (or anyone else) thought about what the contributing authors actually wrote rather than opinions on how their words were typeset.
Well, based on the first 10 minutes impression the text itself is impossible to review, but the design is not so. And the design leaves room for adjustment.
Old 12th April 2024, 17:00
Alter Hase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Frawley View Post

Regards

Paul
Actually what forums "that muppet" has been booted off? Considering that I have defended Chandos's previous books even on Amazon, I'll find your comments quite perverse. Your comments also sound like a those of a religious fundamentalist for whom some prophet is holy and beyond criticism and who respond to criticism with blind rage.
Old 12th April 2024, 17:08
Alter Hase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siko54 View Post
It's a fabulous new publication and a must buy for me, I have no idea what he is complaining about myself. It's a shame when passionate individuals like Rich go to the considerable time/expense in creating high-quality publications for our niche interest and get flamed by keyboard warriors over matters of absolute trivia and nonsense. If it's so easy go and do it yourself....
If book design were so absolute trivia and nonsense, why there used be an entire profession (typesetters) devoted to it? There used to be a time when a professional typesetter would have never allowed a ragged-right text to pass his hands as it would have been considered unprofessional.
Old 12th April 2024, 18:03

Orwell1984 is on a distinguished road

Pontificate: to speak or write and give your opinion about something as if you knew everything about it and as if only your opinion was correct.

Used in a sentence: Some members of forums love to pontificate as if their singular opinions are the way things are and should be. To summarize: their biased observations are reality, not simply their own viewpoint.

Thus endth my pontification for the day.
Old 12th April 2024, 20:01
Super Moderator

Nick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura about

And now back to the actual content of the various contributions … (he said optimistically)