Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Community > General

General Please use this forum to post feedback, suggestions and problems relating to 12oclockhigh.net

Old 15th September 2021, 17:08
Alter Hase

musec04 is on a distinguished road
Moderation Rules

Hello,

Today I posted a photo of the Caproni Ca.602 on the WW.II Luftwaffe forum.

For some reason this has been moved by the moderator.

The Prototype was tested at Guidonia in July 1940.

The large white cross of Savoy post dates italy's entry into the war.

If the moderator has no idea when Italy entered WW.II perhaps he should avoid making changes.

I would think it acceptable that the members of the moderation team indicate on a thread which member of the team has made the change so that they can be contacted personally.

I fear that this change has been made by the same member as moved the Heinkel HD 38 thread after Nick Beale agreed to move it to the main Luftwaffe board.

If so,John,please stop moving my threads without first contacting me.I could have explained that it is a WW.II image.

Regards,

Clint
Old 16th September 2021, 20:08
Alter Hase

Re:

Hello,

It has now been 24 hours since I reported John Beaman’s moderation error both here and to the 'individual' personally and yet my post has not been returned to the main Luftwaffe board. Once again John Beaman lacks the courtesy to even reply. Great policy. Make a stupid error and then hide. Not just clueless, but gutless too.

I hereby request the following actions from the moderation team:

1. Please return my post to the correct location.The Luftwaffe board.

2. Please confirm that you will move none of my posts in future without checking first with myself since you have proved yourself to be both credulous and incompetent.

3. Looking at the Allied and Soviet board it appears that John Beaman initially began to move my post on the French Beute aircraft thread suggesting that he has acted following faulty information from another board member about the Ca.603. Since the said board member lacked the integrity to contact me directly please reveal the individual’s name. Acting in bad faith or ignorance needs to be brought to light.

4. More generally John, please consider whether you are a fit person to continue as a moderator. I do not accept that the role of a moderator is to move threads from board to board without first having sufficient information. Rather,a case where moderation would appear to be required is the posts on the Claude Kinsey RIP thread on the obituaries board where responses from board members clearly show that there is a problem with Knusel’s post.But you have done nothing. Please ask Ruy to find another moderator as you clearly have no idea about the actual role of a moderator .You are an embarassment to TOCH and a disgrace.

Clint
Old 17th September 2021, 14:29
Super Moderator

Nick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura about
Re: Moderation Rules

Clint, you may wish to consider editing the posts #1 and #2 to a wording that could not be interptreted as quite so self-important. Meanwhile, a least get these points into your head:

(1) There are but two moderators on this board, neither of whom is employed by or in any other way beholden to you. This is an unpaid hobby for both of us and we get to stuff if and when we get to it. You may be astonished to learn that we both have other things going on in our lives.

(2) Vehement denunciations are not best calculated to persuade those against whom you inveigh to exert themselves on your behalf.

(3) Active members, 469; currently furious members, 1.

(4) They are just some old photos on ebay for heaven's sake, not the key to world peace.
Old 17th September 2021, 15:41
Alter Hase

Hello Nick,

Thank you for your response.

Point 1. I completely accept everything you say.Other than, this could completely haver been avoided had John Beaman,not arbitrarily moved a post when no need to do so existed. If you're concerned about the fact that I would like a timely response to errors, please bare in mind,no error no additional workload.

Point 2.I accept that it is indeed a vehement denunciation,but then rather like yourselves I too do not need to post here or put my time into this board,but chose to do so.Having put this time in to discover a photo of an unusual aircraft (and I have done this on several occasions) and then post a thread,i hope you would understand,that being treated with a lack of respect will in turn cause a lack of respect to be displayed by myself.

3. I'm not sure how many members are on the board at this moment,but I'm not furious.Perhaps,this is not unrelated to the fact that you have taken the effort to respond,even though you are unhappy with my posts 1 & 2.You have shown respect.Would that John Beaman had done the same.

4.Indeed just some old photos,not world peace. But peace can be increased when respect is shown.

Regards,

Clint
Old 17th September 2021, 17:10
Alter Hase

Hello Nick,

Another couple of thoughts.

1. I accept that your work here is voluntary and your time limited.Is there not therefore a case for more moderators perhaps?

2. However, you say you get to stuff when you get to it.Understood.

3. You criticise 'denunciation' as an approach but please see my polite approach to John Beaman on the HD.38 thread. Still no reply.How long ago was that?

4. I've mentioned that being treated with respect is important to me.So, what does it say that it is you that is responding to me,though my issue is not with you? Are you undertaking more than your share of the moderation of TOCH?

5. Given I have no way of knowing why John Beaman acts as he does I am left with various possibilities:

a) That he is unable to accept criticism.
b) That he made the change because he is credulous.Hopefully,when he next receives a report from the board member to move a post he is more sceptical.

c) I rather imagine (and I explicitly include myself in this) autism on TOCH is much higher than in the background male population. Perhaps John can't cope with posts that appear 'not to fit'
d) Age related declining mental abilities.Believe me. I get that.And I sincerely ask John whether he is in fact able to continue as a moderator.

I have no idea which of the factors in point 5 apply. Perhaps none do. I'm not trying to be insulting here,but to understand.Despite which I cannot help but observe that the overworked John Beaman found time to move a thread.Even though this was unnecessary.

Whatever,your take on this I believe that a need for more moderators does exist and that Ruy needs to consider whether to ask more people to assist.

Regards,

Clint