Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Community > Wanted

Wanted Please place your wanted ads here, however 12oclockhigh.net cannot be held accountable for any deal conducted through our forum.

Old 8th October 2017, 09:08

Sussy9845 is on a distinguished road
ME109 German Pilot Watch

Hi everyone, my father is a huge historian when it comes to the Second World War and he taught me far more then I would ever learn in schools. He loves the history, both political and military and even has his own small collection of relics. His favourite part of the collection is his watch box. He has been collection pilot watches from around the world, and the next one he wants is a German pilots watch like the ME109. I would love to get him one as well since his birthday is coming up soon.

Does anyone have one of these watches that they would be willing to part with? Or any other Luftwaffe pilot watches for that matter? I do not know too much about the collecting side so I assume that there are many different watches from that period, if anyone could enlighten me a little bit so that I can better search for this present that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Old 10th October 2017, 19:25
Alter Hase

Chris Goss has a spectacular aura aboutChris Goss has a spectacular aura about
Re: ME109 German Pilot Watch

There are quite a number of different types of such watches which are normally quite rare and command high prices. I suggest you contact a reputable dealer (such as http://www.ulric-of-england.com/) to give you an idea of what they are and how much. Good luck!
Old 11th October 2017, 12:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Goss View Post
There are quite a number of different types of such watches which are normally quite rare and command high prices. I suggest you contact a reputable dealer (such as http://www.ulric-of-england.com/) to give you an idea of what they are and how much. Good luck!

Thank you, I will take a look at some dealers. Thank you for the link as well
Old 16th October 2017, 05:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sussy9845 View Post
Hi everyone, my father is a huge historian when it comes to the Second World War and he taught me far more then I would ever learn in schools. He loves the history, both political and military and even has his own small collection of relics. His favourite part of the collection is his watch box. He has been collection pilot watches from around the world, and the next one he wants is a German pilots watch like the ME109. I would love to get him one as well since his birthday is coming up soon.

Does anyone have one of these watches that they would be willing to part with? Or any other Luftwaffe pilot watches for that matter? I do not know too much about the collecting side so I assume that there are many different watches from that period, if anyone could enlighten me a little bit so that I can better search for this present that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Thanks for your advice Chris. I contacted the dealer that you linked to and they were able to put me in touch with someone who was selling a nice watch as the owner so they could answer some interesting questions about it. My father is going to be so pleased