Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 30th January 2018, 09:43
Alter Hase

knusel is on a distinguished road
Re: Top Bf 109 aces

Please not another discussion about validity of claims.
This has been abundantly discussed in scores of other threads.

Here I simply want to find out if Hartman flew a Bf190K (and not a Bf109G) on the last day of the war in Europe.

Michael
Old 30th January 2018, 10:12
Super Moderator

Nick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by knusel View Post
Here I simply want to find out if Hartman flew a Bf190K (and not a Bf109G) on the last day of the war in Europe.

Michael
Then you will have a lot of research to undertake in different archives and even then you may never resolve the question.
Old 30th January 2018, 11:42

Stig1207 is on a distinguished road

'simply' is not a word to be taken lightly when it comes to WWII air war.
Old 30th January 2018, 12:00
Alter Hase

Hello Stig,

the word 'simply' refers to the question for Hartmann's last plane being very prosaic compared to talking about the validity of scores which always stirs up the emotions of several forum members.

Michael
Old 30th January 2018, 13:19

Nick Hector will become famous soon enoughNick Hector will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Please not another discussion about validity of claims.
This has been abundantly discussed in scores of other threads.

Michael
Please not another discussion of who shot down the most planes in the Bf109G based on painstaking meticulous research of the appendices in the backs of John Weal's little golden book of 109 Aces, that got old ages ago too
Old 30th January 2018, 13:45
Awaiting Confirmation

Flavio

According to the last researches by Dénes Bernard (French magazine "Avions" 209-210 January/April 2016), Rumanian top ace is Cantacuzino with 45 confirmed victories (1 shared), Serbanescu is credit with 44. I don’t know how many claimed with Bf109.

Flavio
Old 30th January 2018, 13:51
Alter Hase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Hector View Post
Please not another discussion of who shot down the most planes in the Bf109G based on painstaking meticulous research of the appendices in the backs of John Weal's little golden book of 109 Aces, that got old ages ago too
Hello Nick,

I like John Weal's work and I wish I had more books written by him.
I consider your cynisms against John Weal and his readers like me, presumptuous.
Feel free to just ignore my threads, I wouldn't be cross with you.

Michael

Hello Flavio,

thanks for the hint. Indeed ,Cantacuzino was the top Rumanian ace by Rumanian standards.
But if you apply the standards of the of Axis nations to the Rumanian aces (unconfirmed not counted, shared as decimals...), Serbanescu is the man.

Cheers,

Michael
Old 30th January 2018, 14:04

Nick Hector will become famous soon enoughNick Hector will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Hello Nick,

I consider your cynisms against John Weal and his readers like me, presumptuous.
Feel free to just ignore my threads, I wouldn't be cross with you.

Michael

Hello Flavio,

thanks for the hint. Indeed ,Cantacuzino was the top Rumanian ace by Rumanian standards.
But if you apply the standards of the of Axis nations to the Rumanian aces (unconfirmed not counted, shared as decimals...), Serbanescu is the man.

Cheers,

Michael
Back in the earlier incarnation of this forum, a far more creditable author (not that you'd own any of his works...) called John Weal out for plagiarism.

But say, Kunsel speaking of presumptuous, did you ever apologise to Nick Beale for your initial criticism of him way back when you first joined this forum....? Something about the world's most brilliant researchers... ...and a guy called Nick Beale

And as for ignoring your threads... ...getting them closed down is a lot of fun
Old 30th January 2018, 14:06
Super Moderator

Nick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Hello Nick,

Michael
The criticism you will find here about John Weal's work is far from presumptuous, it is based on years of actual research into wartime sources. His books do offer a useful overview at a comparatively low price but, however much you like them, they are not necessarily accurate.
Old 30th January 2018, 14:07
Alter Hase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Hector View Post

And as for ignoring your threads... ...getting them closed down is a lot of fun
Oh, I already guessed that this is your primary intention but I'm really surprised that you admit it.
That makes not answering your posts a question of keeping the thread open. Good to know.