Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > The Second World War in General

The Second World War in General Please use this forum to discuss other World War Two related subjects not covered by the main categories.

Old 15th April 2020, 15:56
Alter Hase

Laurent Rizzotti is on a distinguished road
ABMC database

I just noticed today that the ABMC database (https://www.abmc.gov/database-search) is no more displaying the unit of listed war dead, only the service (Army, Air Force, Marines, Navy, ...).

There is no more the choice to search per unit, and when you display of list of casualties using other criteria the unit is no more displayed.

It was last month, and had been for more than 20 years IIRC. I have to say that I don't see a reason to no more display an information that was available for a good part of the database (but not for the US Navy and the Marines).
Old 15th April 2020, 16:09

Luc Vervoort is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: ABMC database

Hello Laurent,

The unit is mentioned on the 'Memorial Certificate'.

Best regards

Luc
Old 15th April 2020, 19:51
Alter Hase

Laurent Rizzotti is on a distinguished road
Re: ABMC database

Thanks Luc, I had not seen that.

In the meantime I have found two ways of finding my case:
_ findagrave has often a picture of the grave or memorial where one can read the unit (example: https://fr.findagrave.com/memorial/5...james-c-conlon)
_ there are also lists on the web listing data available on ABMC in text format. Example: http://www.interment.net/data/tunisi...ecords-c-d.htm

Best regards