Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 10th June 2012, 22:36

HB_Pencil is on a distinguished road
Request for information: Joachim Schilling

Hello all...

First time posting and I hate it to be a request, but I've been trying to find service information about an old family friend who passed away years ago. I've been told this would be the best place to ask.

Joachim (or Achem) Schilling was born on June 13th 1922. I know he served late into the war, on -109s given some of the stories he told (like removing rear armor to improve performance.) He may have served on jets as well... but his (or my) recollections might be hazy given the years past.

Thank you!
Old 11th June 2012, 00:32
Alter Hase

Larry deZeng will become famous soon enoughLarry deZeng will become famous soon enough
Re: Request for information: Joachim Schilling

Here is the only one in our data base by the name of Achim or Joachim:

SCHILLING, Achim. (DOB: 29.06.15). 01.09.42 promo to Hptm.(Ln.). 1944-45 Hptm. (Ln.), trf from the Luftnachrichtentruppe to the Fallschirmjäger.

This does not mean much because our data base does not include enlisted or officers in the rank of Leutnant. Furthermore, the DOB is different.

L.

P.S. another data base that has all Luftwaffe fighter pilots regardless of rank does not have an Achim or Joachim SCHILLING either.