Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 21st March 2009, 20:57
Alter Hase

Larry Hickey
Trying to ID photos of Do17Z 5K+BB of Stab I./KG3 down during the WC

Hello,

I'm trying to ID photos of a Do17Z of Stab I./KG3, 5K+BB, that force-landed in good condition, apparently during the Western Campaign of May-June, 1940. Could be France or Belgium.

Our EOE DB suggests two possibilities:

1) May 12, 1940: I./KG3 Dornier Do17Z. Badly damaged in attacks by Sgt Boyer and Sgt Moulènes of GC III/7 near Blesmes and forced-landed in Belgium 1.15 p.m. No crew casualties. Aircraft 30% damaged but repairable.

2) May 27, 1940: I./KG3 Dornier Do17Z. Belly-landed damaged by fighters during sortie over Dunkirk. Crew unhurt. Aircraft 40% damaged but repairable.

Does anyone have any information that would help us with our efforts to determine the location and identity of this aircraft and its crew, or anything about either of the above reported incidents that would enable us to rule either of them in or out as possibilities for 5K+BB?

Thanx in advance.