Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 6th October 2006, 21:02
Alter Hase

Frank Olynyk is on a distinguished road
Info on two WW1 German Aces Needed

I have just learned that the German WW1 ace Günther Schuster died on the night of October 7/8, 1943, in Castelnova (Castelnovo?) di Sotto. I would assume that this is combat related, probably bombers, but possibly night fighters. Does anyone have any details, as to unit, aircraft type, Werkenummer, etc? And time, so as to pinpoint the actual date?

At the same time I have learned that the German WW1 ace Adolf Borchers, about whom almost nothing is known, was promoted to Hauptmann in the Luftwaffe on June 1, 1942, and served in various Luftwaffe ground units between 1940 and 1944. The example given was Kommando Flughafenbereich 12/XI (as of June 14, 1944). He was born November 19, 1894, but the birthplace is not known. Does anyone have further details of his WW1 or WW2 careers, and his post-WW2 activities, and death?

Frank.
Old 6th October 2006, 23:27
Alter Hase

RT is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Info on two WW1 German Aces Needed

Right name is Castelnovo di sotto, nd in the night 7/8 no known, to me, losses in the area, just one one in castel-nuovo on 10.oct. a JU52 40%, no casualties reported, at least on the report.

remi