Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 27th September 2011, 01:50
Alter Hase

Larry Hickey
Searching for insignia info for Stab II./LG2 during the Polish Campaign

Hello,

I'm trying to document an Hs123A flown by the Stab of II./LG2 that would have been flown during the Polish Campaign of Sept. 1939. I have a photo of L2+CD force-landed, purportedly during that campaign. Does anyone have any photos or documentary evidence that GruppenStab carried a unit insignia, as did each of the subordinate squadrons (4, 5 & 6) during the PC? None of my reference works show an insignia for the Stab, nor do any photos in my possession, including the one of L2+CD. Does anyone know of any photos of that a/c that show a W.Nr. on the tail?

I need this for Color Profile purposes.

Regards,