Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Off Topic

Off Topic Please use this forum to discuss all off topic subjects.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 9th August 2008, 13:44
He who rules the forum...

Ruy Horta has disabled reputation
South Ossetian conflict

Off topic, but that's why we have this sub forum.

Complicated situation, but for the time being I'm of opinion that it actually is a Georgian (or perhaps more exact Saakashvili's) attempt to escalate the conflict in their long term advantage by drawing in US/Nato forces in the region.

I find current news a little too biased in favor of Georgia, in a way that is not warranted by the historical background and current events. There seems to be somewhat of a flip flop in the making. I'm curiously following how the spin is developing.

Also I find it amusing that Russian air raids outside the direct conflict zone are criticized, as everyone must know that air force doctrine and support would dictate such operations. Again this is a sign of very arbitrary reporting.

Current weak (world) economy has me worried, as this type of conflict is perfect to draw the attention away from problems closer to home. Also those who wish a return to the cold war in terms of military spending must be chomping at the bit to turn this into something bigger.

Just some thoughts, let the flames begin (but hopefully not literally).

And now I see with eye serene
The very pulse of the machine;
A being breathing thoughtful breath,
A traveller between life and death;