Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Reviews > Books and Magazines

Books and Magazines Please use this forum to review or discuss books and magazines.

Old 17th February 2023, 11:35

Simon Trew is on a distinguished road
Osprey Air Campaign 'Operation Steinbock'

Hello all,

Just to let you know that the release date for my Osprey Air Campaign title about Operation Steinbock has been pushed back to February 2024 (originally intended for October this year).

Apologies for the delay are offered to those who have supported my efforts to date - especially last year on this forum and in related correspondence. I won't bore you with the reasons - as is so often the case with writing projects, they fall broadly within the category of 'circumstances [largely] beyond my control'.

For what it is worth, the illustration sketches and artist's briefs are all done. I think the draft original artwork (i.e. the three colour plates, which I've now seen in outline form) looks great. The BEVs cover the London raid on 20-21 February and the Bristol raid at the end of March. Diagrams are used to shed light on Luftwaffe target-marking and how British GCI functioned. The four maps are probably the things one would expect to see, showing Luftwaffe bases and navigation aids, some of the British defences, routes to targets used during the Steinbock raids and (finally) the distribution of bombs dropped on the southern UK during the first six months of 1944.

After an absence from the forum for some months, I expect I will be back in the immediate future, asking some questions to clarify a few things that are confusing me as I write the book's main text.

I hope this update is of interest to a few people. Thanks to forum contributors for all their help and encouragement with the project so far.

Simon
Old 18th February 2023, 18:54

Bombphoon is on a distinguished road
Re: Osprey Air Campaign 'Operation Steinbock'

Disappointing about the slipping publication date as I'm really looking forward to this one, but from the description, it sounds worth it.
Old 18th February 2023, 20:38
Alter Hase

Adriano Baumgartner is on a distinguished road

If it follows the D-Day books you published and Edited we surely will be very happy with it!

Congratulations! May more let see the light

A.
Old 9th February 2024, 00:46

According to Amazon, delayed (again) - this time for over another year until March 2025??!!
Old 9th February 2024, 09:03
Alter Hase

Chris Goss has a spectacular aura aboutChris Goss has a spectacular aura about

Simon had to pull out from this and I took over. Manuscript and photos delivered some months ago but such books have a long lead in I am afraid
Old 10th February 2024, 19:39

Oh well, well done for saving it.