Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Obituaries

Obituaries Please use this forum to post obituary listings and death notices.

Old 27th August 2009, 22:10
Alter Hase

Evgeny Velichko is on a distinguished road
HSU Chislov A.M. left

Sad news.

Alexander Mikhailovich Chislov (21+6), leader of famous Aleksey Maresjev (pilot who flew without both legs) left us yesterday. They both were awarded with Golden Star of the Hero of Soviet Union on the same day.

Interestingly:

His La-5 was damaged (and claimed as his last victory) by Hans Hahn, Gr.Kdr. II./JG54 on 21 febr.43. In the same aircombat Hahn was shot down, bellylanded and captured.

On other day, 19 july 1943, Chislov made a suicidal attack on a Me-110 over the bridges. He dived in heavy flakfire (they were shooting to incoming formation of Me110's) on high speed and went in head on attack wit hleader of Me110's. It was the only way to prevent a formation of Me-110 from bombing of that very important bridge. Both La-5 and Me110 were shooting on aech other. Result of attack was:

La-5 was hit by two 20mm shells, 1 hit the engine and another exploded on armored windscreen, wounding the pilot.
Bf110G-2 got long burst into wings and engines, and exploded into pieces.

It seems for me that it could be Hptm. Max Franzisket, Gr.Kdr. of I./ZG1. Other crews could not see the attack of La-5 and count the loss of theyr leader to Flak. But it is only my suggestion, atleast I./ZG1 files for 1943 are not found.

He was the last alive HSU of my region, leved in 100m from me.

He was in service from 22 june 1941 to 9 may 1945.
Served with: 12 iap in 1941, 169iap (from march 1943 - 63 giap).

Rest in peace.

Last edited by Evgeny Velichko; 27th August 2009 at 22:48.
Old 15th October 2009, 07:23
serena07

Re: HSU Chislov A.M. left

I think he was really a brave person and I m so sorry for him. Death is the law of nature and everyone going to heaven one day. We are nothing against his power. Death is a painful tragedy and difficult to deal with this grief. May he rest in peace and my prayers for his family.