Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Allied and Soviet Air Forces

Allied and Soviet Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the Air Forces of the Western Allies and the Soviet Union.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 22nd November 2020, 22:57

legrosherve is on a distinguished road
Allied aircrafts lost in Franière (Floreffe) Belgium

Dear All,
I'm looking for information regarding 2 crashed that seems to have occured in Franière (entity of Floreffe) - Belgium. Some witnesses told me the following :

- end of march 1944, a Lancaster bomber crashed in Franière. I've not been able to find any record of it.

- 22/02/1944 an aircraft (probably a Liberator) crashed in the wood near the Calvaire of Franière. Some pieces of it were recovered by locals to make i.e a lettre box! Again, it was impossible for me to locate any record of it.

Many thanks for your help,

kind regards

Hervé