Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Reviews > Books and Magazines

Books and Magazines Please use this forum to review or discuss books and magazines.

Old 1st June 2023, 20:53

Edward is on a distinguished road
Revised & Updated Edition of Dan Ford's "Flying Tigers"

This history (1991, 2007 or 2023 edition) belongs in every WWII aviation library

Flying Tigers: Claire Chennault and the American Volunteers 1941-1942
‎(Warbird Books - May 7, 2023)
by Daniel Ford
335 pages
$24.95 - hardcover
$15.95 - paperback
$9.95 - ebook

Revised and updated

"Since the Smithsonian Institution published it in 1991, Flying Tigers has been the definitive history of the American Volunteer Group that bloodied the Japanese Army Air Force in Burma and China for the first six months of the Pacific War. Harper Collins published a second edition in 2007 that was translated into Chinese, and nine years later I updated that for Warbird Books. But new information about Claire Chennault and the AVG never stops coming. Last year the US National Archives released the Old Man's military records; a student of old newspapers discovered a scandalous romance in Chennault's youth; and I got an email from an unacknowledged scion of that love affair. Then there was the earlier discovery of Olga Greenlaw's two youthful marriages, all of which called for yet another edition.

While I was at it, I have added a hardcover version for libraries and those who prefer a sturdier binding. If you shop at Amazon.com, the Kindle edition is $9.95, the paperback is $15.95, and the hardcover is $24.95. Blue skies! -- Daniel Ford"

https://www.warbirdforum.com/avg.htm

Last edited by Edward; 1st June 2023 at 23:24.