Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Allied and Soviet Air Forces

Allied and Soviet Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the Air Forces of the Western Allies and the Soviet Union.

Old 27th January 2016, 16:33

qltngal is on a distinguished road
Re: Captain Edward E. Hunt KIA Nov. 8, 1944

Still looking for more information about my Dad. Captain Edward E. Hunt, KIA France 8 November 1944. 354th Pioneer Mustangs. Would love to have a pic of his P-51D, the Ready Edy (not a typo, he really used one 'd'). Everyone on here has been amazingly helpful & I've been so blessed to have stumbled on this forum on my 1st try at researching him in 2009. Thank you all for what you do for those of us who didn't grow up with the great stories.
Old 22nd February 2016, 21:48

flight88 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by qltngal View Post
Still looking for more information about my Dad. Captain Edward E. Hunt, KIA France 8 November 1944. 354th Pioneer Mustangs. Would love to have a pic of his P-51D, the Ready Edy (not a typo, he really used one 'd'). Everyone on here has been amazingly helpful & I've been so blessed to have stumbled on this forum on my 1st try at researching him in 2009. Thank you all for what you do for those of us who didn't grow up with the great stories.

Good morning evening Mr Hunt can you contact me by mail ?francis.froidevaux88@orange.fr Thank you very much.
Old 23rd November 2016, 20:54

aaatripp is on a distinguished road

Remembering Edy Hunt 353FS/354FG, member of D Flight whose young life was given in service to the USAAF of his Country on 8 Nov 44 in the crash of his P-51 Mustang on a foggy French hillside. He rests in peace in an American cemetery in France and we remember him warmly with thoughts also today of his daughter and granddaughter, Renee & Corey.

Tripp Alyn
Newport, RI USA
Old 22nd June 2017, 03:09

Hi all--It's been a long time since I've been on here but just thought I would pass this along. I was contacted by the Mayor of one of the villages in France that was closest to my Dads (Captain Edward E. Hunt) crash site. it seems that that are honoring him this year with a memorial and the naming of a street after him. The event goes on for a week and includes a trip to the crash site, a trip to the cemetery & the laying of a wreath. I've been sent pictures of plane parts that were taken off of the mountain and am not too sure what to make of that. Anyway I've been invited to attend, along with my daughter. So after quite a bit of research verifying all of this it turns out that we're going to France in September. I'm beyond excited as this is something I never thought I would have a chance to do. Only really knowing anything at all about my Dad since 2009 this is such an opportunity for us which I'm sure will include lots of tears. Still would love to have any other information that might be out there. You all on this forum have been so amazing and so helpful & I can't begin to tell you what all of this has meant to me & my daughter to know so much more about my Dad. Thank you, thank you from the bottom of my heat. Who knew my first little post would lead here?
Old 22nd June 2017, 09:22
Alter Hase

Laurent Rizzotti is on a distinguished road

Great news !

Can you tell us where is the crashsite, and which village will commemorate him ?

As far as in know, the crash place often cited is extracted from the MACR and is only based of the testimony of another pilot that heard in Mericourt that two Frenchmen had reported a crash, probably a Mustang, about 15 miles from the town, with the pilot killed.

Not a very precise location, and not a 100% reliable one.
Old 31st August 2017, 01:18

The village is La Neuveville Sous Montfort & the ceremony will be 27 September as it stands now. There were two spellings in the paperwork I have. Mericourt & Mirecourt. Mericourt was in the MACR & Mirecourt was in the official report of his death & burial. I've looked up both sites & one is close to the village the other is quite a distance.
Old 10th September 2017, 18:48

rpeck350 is on a distinguished road

Just incase no one has seen this. Scroll down towards the bottom 'Ready Edy'.
http://www.mission4today.com/index.p...ish=15&start=0

I tried to post but didn't get it to work.
Rick
Old 3rd October 2017, 15:55

Recently back from France & I have to say it was the most memorable week ever! The trip of a lifetime. The people of La Neuveville-sous-Montfort could not have been more welcoming, friendly or respectful of my father, my daughter & I. We visited the crash site, met a man who was 11 at the time & remembers the crash. The village dedicated a street named after my Dad & we went to the cemetery, no one in my family had ever been there. A very emotional but wonderful week. The mayor, Nicolas Vadrot, arranged the most amazing week. Along with all of the ceremonies we had a chance to see a lot of the surrounding countryside which is just beautiful. I can’t thank him or the village enough. The French people are so amazing at honoring our veterans and I can never thank them enough for the opportunity to be part of this, meet them and learn what really happened to my Dad, not the story I grew up with but it explained a lot. A huge thank you to all who were a part of this, those of you who helped me along the way with my research. I know more about my Dad that I have in my life. The only other thing I’m still looking for is a picture of the P-51D named the Ready Edy, the last plane he flew. Thank you all.
Old 3rd October 2017, 19:24
Alter Hase

Adriano Baumgartner is on a distinguished road

Mr. HUNT,

What a joy to read that last entry of yours, that France have honored your father and do Honour all veterans who fight for Freedom, both on WW1 and WW2.

Several Brazilians that have served the RAF in WW2 are buried there too, and Honored too.

WE DO NOT FORGET

May you and yours have a nice week in Peace and health.

A.
Old 30th April 2020, 20:11

I know a lot of artifacts have been sold & re-sold over the years. The two I'm looking for are a picture of My Dads leather flight jacket (Edward E. Hunt 353rd fFghter Squadron) and a picture of his second plane, a P-51 D with Jeanne Mio on one side & Ready Edy on the other. My Dad spelled his name with one 'd'. Of course any other information you have would be awesome. Thanks to this forum Ive learned more about my Dad in the last few years than I knew in my first 50. I got to go to France where his plane went down. They named road after him, built a memorial and had things I had never had any information about before. A very emotional trip to be sure. He died 6 months before I was born so I never knew him but you all on here have been amazing with your help. Thank you all so much.