Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 1st March 2016, 20:48

Richard Mills is on a distinguished road
Fliegerhorst-Kommandantur A 217/XII - Jun-1943

Can anyone help to identify the signatory dated 23-June-1943 on the attached scan taken from an Ausweis.

The Feldpost Nr. 35514 is listed as Fliegerhorst-Kommandantur A 217/XII however, the exhausively detailed http://www.ww2.dk/ground/flibo/fk/fka217-12.html does not unfortunatly list a Kommandeur for this date.

Any help at all in putting a name to this signature will be very well recieved indeed.

Regards Richard.

Last edited by Richard Mills; 29th July 2016 at 22:28.
Old 2nd March 2016, 10:26
Alter Hase

byron- is on a distinguished road
Re: Fliegerhorst-Kommandantur A 217/XII - Jun-1943

Maybe "Landemann" ??
Old 3rd March 2016, 16:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by byron- View Post
Maybe "Landemann" ??
byron

Thank you for your reply to my request.

I have been informed that the signatory shows an Oberstleutnant Landmann.

Regards Richard,
Old 3rd March 2016, 17:47
Alter Hase

Larry deZeng will become famous soon enoughLarry deZeng will become famous soon enough

Richard -

I am very, very skeptical that someone in the rank of Oberstleutnant could have existed and not appear in our Luftwaffe Officer Career Summaries. You might want to contact BA-MA Freiburg for confirmation of his existence and obtain what information you can on him if he did indeed exist.

L.
Old 5th March 2016, 09:15

Hello Larry

This is indeed an odd one as I am simply trying to ascertain the identity of the signatory, mostly for completeness as part of a larger set of documents.

The signatory stamp does read Oberstleutnant und Fliegerhortskommandant, and I have been told that the signatory does read as 'Landmann'.

I always check the excellent Luftwaffe Officer Career Summaries and was suprised that there was no corresponding entry for this man however, I am going on the compined assumption of the Feldpost Nr., Stamp and translation of the signatory.

It would be nice to have a definitive answer on this, and hopefully someone else might be able to add something.

Regards Richard.
Old 5th March 2016, 14:14
Alter Hase

Larry deZeng will become famous soon enoughLarry deZeng will become famous soon enough

I agree, Richard, it does appear to be LANDMANN. I have notes on all of the Fliegerhorstkommandanturen and, as you can see below, I have no one for A 217/XII:

Fliegerhorstkommandantur A 217/XII
Formed c.January-February 1943 at Avord/18 km ESE of Bourges by renumbering Fl.H.Kdtr. E 14/XII.
1943-44: remained at Avord.
c. 1 Apr 44: renumbered Fl.H.Kdtr. E(v) 219/XII.
FpN: (L 35514)
Kommandant:

Nor do I have anyone for E 14/XII or E(v) 219/XII. Avord was a training base with IV./KG 4 being there during 1943-44. Often times, the Kdr. of the senior unit on the base would also act as the airfield Kdt. But there is no one with this name who was with IV./KG 4, much less an Obstlt.

It's a mystery.

L.
Old 6th March 2016, 10:37

Larry

Indeed a mystery, and one I was not expecting to be honest!

I too checked whether there was anyone from IV./Kampfgeschwader 4 also, to no avail.

Thanks as always Larry for putting the effort in with this and similar questions, it is much appreciated.

Regards Richard.
Old 11th March 2016, 11:44

Henofred is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Richard and Larry,

To follow up your posts. On the copy of a German report connected to the fall of two B-17 bombers during the April 28, 1944 mission, the signatory is a certain Oberstleutnant Landmann, Fliegerhorstkommandant of the Avord airfield. Always connected to this mission, I have a Major and Fliegerhorstkommandant of the Bourges airfield who is the signatory of a document regarding the capture of an airman on the run. I am not able to decipher this one. (http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/showthread.php?t=42150). I hope this contribution will help you.

Best regards,
Frederic
Old 12th March 2016, 16:08

Frederich

Thank you very much indeed for your reply, that is very interesting to read that there is another example of an Oberstleutnant Landmann signature.

Hopefully, some more information will come to light on the identity of this man.

Regards Richard.
Old 13th June 2017, 07:20

Henofred is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello/Bonjour,

Regarding Oberstleutnant Landmann (or Landemann?) It seems this Officer reappears on a sale - two pictures. Avord airfield (France) is concerned. (Link below).

http://www.ebay.de/itm/2-x-FOTO-319-...oAAOSw8lpZLuv3

Alle the best,
Frederic