Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Pre-WW2 Military and Naval Aviation

Pre-WW2 Military and Naval Aviation Please use this forum to discuss Military and Naval Aviation before the Second World War.

Old 24th May 2015, 12:17

GMichalski is on a distinguished road
SCW 30.12.37 claims question

Hi,

i found some info of losses in this day but were of 2 combats, first in the morning and second in the evening, i need some help with claims timing:

30.12.37 1.J/88 Lt. Walter Adolph I-15 ("Curtiss") Republican Spanish 1st/25 Spain

30.12.37/2332 1.J/88 Uffz. Ernst Terry I-15 ("Curtiss") Republican Spanish 1st/9 Spain

30.12.37 2-G-3 Aristides I-16 Type 5 "Rata" Republican Spanish Teruel, Puerto Escandon

30.12.37 Miguel Guerrero I-16 Type 5 "Rata" Republican Spanish Prob Teruel, Puerto Escandon

morning?, evening?

the other claims i know were:

30.12.37 1.J/88 Ofw. Ignaz Prestele I-16 Type 5 "Rata" Republican Spanish 1st/20 in the evening Spain Lieutenant Viktor Sklyarov bailed out, but he did not open, and the pilot was killed

atributed to him here:
http://airaces.narod.ru/spane/sklyrov.htm

and these claims were in the morning:

30.12.37 3-E-3 Murcia Rubio, Javier I-16 Type 5 "Rata" Republican Spanish morning Teruel, Puerto Escandon
30.12.37 García López Rengel, Arístides I-16 Type 5 "Rata" Republican Spanish morning Teruel, Puerto Escandon
30.12.37 García López Rengel, Arístides SB-2 Republican Spanish morning Teruel, Puerto Escandon

many thanks,
regards

"The wingman is absolutely indispensable. I look after the wingman. The wingman looks after me....."
Francis S. "Gabby" Gabreski,

"The first rule of all air combat is to see the opponent first."
Adolf Galland
Old 24th May 2015, 15:32

GuerraCivil is on a distinguished road
Re: SCW 30.12.37 claims question

These claims are connected to the air combats over Teruel front on the morning time of 30.12.1937:

30.12.37 2-G-3 Aristides I-16 Type 5 "Rata" Republican Spanish Teruel, Puerto Escandon
30.12.37 Miguel Guerrero I-16 Type 5 "Rata" Republican Spanish Prob Teruel, Puerto Escandon

Italian sources claim that during the various air combats of morning or early day of 30.12.1937 the Spanish Nationalist and Italian fighter pilots shot down in total as many as five I-16, five I-15 and one SB over Teruel. Of the losses of Republican side it is known that lt. Sumarev of 6/Grupo 21 (I-16) was killed.

I do not have knowledge of the (rough) clocktime of the claims of Legion Condor pilots on 30.12.1937.
Old 24th May 2015, 16:24

GMichalski is on a distinguished road
Re: SCW 30.12.37 claims question

hi,
thanks for your info

these were the losses i found:

I-16 of Alexander Ilyin (Ильин Александр Васильевич) damaged in combat with Bf109s and managed to return, pilot severely wounded, after two months in the hospital was sent home. December 30, 1937 in an air battle with the German Me-109 fighters Gusev was wounded in the throat, but managed to fly to the aerodrome and its safely to land. Some time in hospital, going from which continued to participate in combat.

so atributed to germans but in the morning or evening ¿?

Lieutenant Viktor Sklyarov bailed out, but he did not open, and the pilot was killed atributed to Prestele in the evening

other losses:

Lt Sumarev of 6a Esc kia, two other pilots of 6a Esc return to base wounded, all seven surviving I-16 suffered damage. Konstantin Dobronickiy I-16 with damage in the engine, and a pilot made a force-landed. On the run the plane crashed into a stone wall, the pilot ejected from the cab, he was severely injured and 23 days was unconscious

probably were victims of these:

2-G-3 Aristides I-16 Type 5 "Rata" Republican Spanish
3-E-3 Murcia Rubio, Javier I-16 Type 5 "Rata" Republican Spanish morning
García López Rengel, Arístides I-16 Type 5 "Rata" Republican Spanish morning
Miguel Guerrero I-16 Type 5 "Rata" Republican Spanish Prob

and also:

García López Rengel, Arístides SB-2 Republican Spanish morning

1 SB-2 lost: SanJose, Marsal, Metralla all KIA

regards

"The wingman is absolutely indispensable. I look after the wingman. The wingman looks after me....."
Francis S. "Gabby" Gabreski,

"The first rule of all air combat is to see the opponent first."
Adolf Galland