Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Reviews > Books and Magazines

Books and Magazines Please use this forum to review or discuss books and magazines.

Old 11th October 2007, 20:12

PhilippeDM
Difference between French and English JG 300 book

Hello you all,

Admiring Mr. Lorant work and having read the French edition in a few days lately. This bookseries is topquality concerning contend and pictures. Chapeau bas, M Lorrant!

Can someone tell me the difference between both the French and the English editions? Is there more text in the French version and less picture or the other way round? Are there other pictures in one or the other version? Or is the Docavia (French) version it just another lay-out, including some more or less profiles than Eagle Editions version?

It would be great if this could be compiled somewhere. I can help with the French edition...

Very best regards,

Philippe

Philippe
Old 11th October 2007, 20:44

FalkeEins will become famous soon enough
Re: Difference between French and English JG 300 book

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilippeDM View Post
Or is the Docavia (French) version it just another lay-out, including some more or less profiles than Eagle Editions version?
Philippe,

..I have both French and English language editions ..as far as I can tell, aside from the profile art, the differences are mostly cosmetic - the odd picture perhaps ('Red 19' in JG 301) and as already mentioned the odd personal account here and there. Off the top of my head, a small piece from Czypionka didn't make it into the Eagle book but there's perhaps more from Schenk in the Eagle edition -specifically the long passage describing navigation and blind flying - Schenk flew 747s with LH and wrote that passage directly in English (of sorts) ..overall the Eagle book has much more in the way of artwork though ....

Last edited by FalkeEins; 12th October 2007 at 21:10.
Old 16th October 2007, 21:04

PhilippeDM
Re: Difference between French and English JG 300 book

Thanks, Neil...

This is a real relief. What a fascinating opus, isn't it?

Philippe