Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Allied and Soviet Air Forces

Allied and Soviet Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the Air Forces of the Western Allies and the Soviet Union.

Old 28th August 2005, 21:02

Dean M. Wick is on a distinguished road
Polish Airforce, OOB

Hi Everyone: Could anyone direct me as to where I might find a detailed Order of Battle fo the Polish Airforce on Sept. 1st/1939? What I have so far is pretty vaque as to Squadron level breakdowns etc.,only refers to larger units. Thanks in Advance. Dean
Old 29th August 2005, 09:56
Alter Hase

Franek Grabowski is on a distinguished road
Re: Polish Airforce, OOB

Dean
I think it is in Cynk's PAF at War but not fully certain at the moment. In any case I may post a copy within few days.
Old 29th August 2005, 18:18
Alter Hase

Juha is on a distinguished road

Hello Dean

if You can find a copy of Christopher Shore’s Duel for the Sky (Guild Publishing London 1985) there is the OoB of PAF on Sept 1th 1939 on page 20. How good it is, I cannot say. From it one can gauge that for ex. Army Karpatz had 31 Sqn at Werynian with 10 PZL P.23 Karas and 1 RWD 8 plus 52 Sqn at Mrowla with 7 Lublin R XIIIFs and 2 RWD 8s and 5 Liaison Flight with 3 RWD 8s.

And sorry I don’t have a scanner.

HTH

Juha
Old 29th August 2005, 20:20

Franek and Juha: thank you for responding to my request. Juha,I have several of Shores (excellent) Books,unfortunately no access to that particular one. Toronto is where I pick up most of my Title's, so will look next time I'm there. Again, Thanks. Dean.
Old 29th August 2005, 20:47

Pawel Burchard is on a distinguished road

Dean, I just made some scans - if Polish is not a problem . Plase give me your email as the files are rather to big to attach here.

Regards,
Pawel
Old 30th August 2005, 01:45

Pawel: Thanks for your offer.Though I'm far from "multi-lingual", I've made a point of having on hand German, French, Dutch,and now Polish translation dictionaries. I would love to get a look at whatever you have. E-mail is dean.wick@sympatico.ca Cheers. Dean