Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Allied and Soviet Air Forces

Allied and Soviet Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the Air Forces of the Western Allies and the Soviet Union.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 26th April 2016, 00:50

Mysticpuma is on a distinguished road
Full interview with WW2 Bomber Pilot Ivan Castle - 100 Squadron RAF

In 2015 I interviewed Ivan Castle who flew bombers in WW2. I covered a lot of ground talking to him from training to his service which included flying the Halifax, Wellington and Lancaster Bombers. If it's okay, I'd like to share the link here as it tells the story of a 'Bomber Boy' through the course of WW2. It is a straight talking head with no video overlays or photos, just an interview with nearly 2-hours of information on his career. Hopefully it will be of interest?

Sadly Ivan died shortly after the interview but his memories are here from his time in WW2.

The interview is in 1080p HD and lasts just over 2-hours.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJDu...ature=youtu.be