Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 24th March 2010, 20:41

Steve Coates will become famous soon enoughSteve Coates will become famous soon enough
Flieger Sonderkommando Ob.d.L Dedelstorf

A.D.I.(K) 545/1944 quotes as follows on Flieger Sonderkommando Ob.d.L Dedelstorf:

18. The source of these notes is a Feldwebel of 6./KG200 recently captured at Arlen while fighting as infantry.

19. P/W was a member of the Sonderkommando for only two days in June 1944, but the Staffel of KG200 to which he was then posted shared the same airfield at Dedelstorf, and P/W consequently gained some knowledge of the Sonderkommando.

20. This unit came under the direct authority of Department LG14 at the RLM: P/W understands that this department is responsible for all special units of the GAF. For admisnitrative purposes the Sonderkommando came under a unit called ’Luftwaffe Staffel Celle’ which also performed administrative services for an experimental unit known as ‘Versuchsstation Pütnitz

Address

21. The address used by personnel of the Sonderkommando was:-
‘Betriebskompanie LW Staffel Celle’
No FPN was used.

Function

22. The unit, as such, was not engaged on flying, but three or four aircraft were available; these were used mainly by officers of the unit, who put in two hours flying time daily in order to be entitled to the increased rations issued to flying personnel.

23. The non-officer personnel was available for attachments on special duties of various kinds. Some of the pilots formed a pool of RLM Acceptance Pilots, who were sent to factories as and when ordered by Department LG14 at the RLM. P/W mentions Leipheim, Untertürkheim and Dessau as names of the factories to which pilots were sent on acceptance flight duties. Other members of the personnel were appointed, as the need arises, to special duties on the staff of operational units.

Strength

The Sonderkommando consisted of three or four officers and some 200 to 250 men, the majority flying personnel. These personnel included all ranks, but Feldwebel and Unteroffizier predominated. P/W believes that the CO is an Oberst Aue.

Does anyone have more on this unit? Is it reasonable to assume that this unit became the 'home unit' for various Luftwaffe pilots seconded to aircraft companies.

Last edited by Steve Coates; 24th March 2010 at 23:22. Reason: Original post incomplete.
Old 27th March 2010, 09:12

Steve Coates will become famous soon enoughSteve Coates will become famous soon enough
Re: Flieger Sonderkommando Ob.d.L Dedelstorf

Anyone ?
Old 24th December 2011, 14:00

No takers last time around. Does anyone reading in now have something they feel able to share on this unit ?
Old 24th December 2011, 14:05
Super Moderator

Nick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura aboutNick Beale has a spectacular aura about

For what it's worth, the KG 200 organisation chart for 6 November 1944 includes:

"14. Staffel (arising from 2. and 4. Staffeln of II./200) School Staffel (all a/c types) Dedelsdorf"

But that's as near as I can get to an answer.

(Source: BA-MA RL2 III/64)
Old 24th December 2011, 14:22

Thanks Nick. I believe that's probably just a geographical coincidence. My principal interest in this unit is because Oblt. Hans Fuisting's personnel file has him transferring to this unit in July 1944 upon the dissolution of 3./Bflgrp 196. During this entire period he was seconded to Flettner as a test pilot and the A.D.I.(K) report I've referenced seems to confirm that this was effectively a 'home unit' for Luftwafe pilots attached to industry but this report and Fuisting's appraisal from September 1944 is all I've ever seen on this unit. It was a sizeable unit from the look of things and I was hoping someone else in their researches might have stumbled upon an additional piece of illumination.
Old 24th December 2011, 14:58
Alter Hase

Larry deZeng will become famous soon enoughLarry deZeng will become famous soon enough

You've got it all, Steve. All I can add is that it is mentioned fairly frequently in the Luftwaffenpersonalamt officer assignment orders, such as in: WashDC: RG 242 (T-77 roll 960/frame 2369)
Larry
Old 24th December 2011, 15:24

Larry, thanks also for your response. I guess this is going to remain a relatively lesser known unit. Do yours and Doug's files have much on Oberst Aue?
Old 24th December 2011, 17:57
Alter Hase

Larry deZeng will become famous soon enoughLarry deZeng will become famous soon enough

We have several Obersten with this last name, Steve, so you will have to be the judge as to which one it is:

AUE, Hermann. (DOB: 15.05.95). 01.03.40 Obstlt., appt Kdr. Fl.Ausb.Rgt. 41 and Kdt. Fl.H. Frankfurt/O. (to 31.03.40). 01.04.40 Obstlt., appt Kdr. Fl.Ausb.Rgt. 13 (to 12.01.42). 13.01.42 appt Kdr. Feld-Rgt.d.Lw. 5. 01.03.42 promo to Oberst and appt Kdr. Feld-Rgt.d.Lw. 3. 27.03.43 Oberst, trf from Feld-Ers.Btl. d.Lw. 5 to Gen.Kdo. XIII. Fliegerkorps. 05.04.43 in XIII. Fliegerkorps, appt provisional Kdr. 20. Lw.-Felddivision (to 07.43?). 1945 Oberst (f.n. not given), Kdr. Fallschirmjägerschule.

AUE, Paul. (DOB: 07.10.91). 01.03.35 entered Luftwaffe (previously a Lufthansa pilot). 15.09.37 Maj., appt Staka 4./KG 157 (to 30.04.39), then Staka 4./KG 27 (to 07.10.39). 27.10.39 Maj., in II./KG 27, 01.11.39 appt Kdr. BFS Brandis (later named BFS 1 and FFS B 31) and held this position until 16.04.45. 01.04.40 concurrently appt Kdt. Fl.H. Brandis. 01.04.42 promo to Oberst. 15.06.43 appt Kdt. Fl.Pl.Kdo. A 39/IV (Brandis). 15.10.44 appt Kdt. Fl.H.Kdtr. A(o) 37/III (Brandis) (to 30.01.45). Captured by Russians and held in POW camp at Mühlberg. †1945 as POW.

Hermann A. has a big gap right in that 1943-44 time frame, yet he seems to have always been assigned to Luftwaffe ground combat units.

Paul A., on the other hand, seems to have been the Horst-Kdt. at Brandis during that period. Hmmm............

Larry
Old 24th December 2011, 23:11

Thanks again Larry. Far from obvious. Seems to fit the latter more than the former but he was otherwise deployed in the timeframe. I guess the POW could have been mistaken.
Old 7th May 2018, 10:24

Resurrecting an old thread of mine.

Does anyone have anything terribly concrete on Überführungs- u.Einfliegerkdo.Jüterbog or indeed anything much at all?

It appears to me that this could have been an earlier incarnation of Flieger Sonderkommando Ob.d.L Dedelstorf.