Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Allied and Soviet Air Forces

Allied and Soviet Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the Air Forces of the Western Allies and the Soviet Union.

Old 22nd September 2016, 02:32
Alter Hase

Alex Smart is on a distinguished road
Re: Possible location of crash site and body of Harry Parker, 325th FG Ace, still MIA

Hello,
Captain Harry A. Parker O- 801747.
MACR 13641
44-14462
"Albemarie Pippin"

Alex
Old 29th September 2016, 22:56

Mysticpuma is on a distinguished road
Re: Possible location of crash site and body of Harry Parker, 325th FG Ace, still MIA

Thanks Alex. I have tried to make contact with his nephew but so far drawn a blank. I hope this information is a positive lead to maybe identifying his remains and bringing closure to his family, Cheers, Neil
Old 10th February 2017, 06:37

Hello gentleman, as much as I would love to post an update, unfortunately at this time I am still waiting to here back after filling in the information form on the dpaa website.
I supplied all the details, linked to this page too and mentioned the possibility of it being x-76.

Does anyone have an idea of bow long it usually takes to hear back, even if to say they will investigate the report?

I filled it in in October.

Cheers, Neil
Old 11th February 2017, 11:06

vathra is on a distinguished road

Puma,
I have also sent info to DPAA on another missing airmen, and it took them some six months to answer.
But I also have opportunity to meet some of men from DPAA last year.

There is several cases like this.
Based on available data, it is not possible to determine exact identity, and only way is to make DNA analysis. If I understood well, they are collecting DNA from relatives, and plan to collect DNA from a group of unidentified airmen. As you can imagine, this procedure takes a lot.
Old 6th March 2017, 14:14

Adriatic Flyer is on a distinguished road

Unfortunately I can not send private massages (?!).

Exact number of his case is X-81054 (file 293, Unknown, Belgrade, X-81054).

If you can coctact me with PM send me massage and I will send you copy of this file.

Regards

Matjaz P.
Old 29th October 2017, 21:57

Hi Vathra,
Just wondering if there is any possibility you may have any more information or possible update on this? I would love to see a resolution to this is if at all it is a possibility?
Thanks to everyone for your help, cheers Neil
Old 30th October 2017, 00:22

vathra is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysticpuma View Post
Hi Vathra,
Just wondering if there is any possibility you may have any more information or possible update on this? I would love to see a resolution to this is if at all it is a possibility?
Thanks to everyone for your help, cheers Neil
No.
When I spoke with DPAA guys last year, they mentioned that they plan to do DNA analysis on large number of unidentified airmen. I hoped that would solve couple of cases I analyzed, but there is still no news.

All we can do through documents and testimonies in most cases is not conclusive, so DNA analysis is unavoidable.
Old 30th October 2017, 02:27
Alter Hase

Col Bruggy will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Smart View Post
Hello,
Captain Harry A. Parker O- 801747.
MACR 13641
44-14462
"Albemarie Pippin"

Alex
Hello,

The name on Mustang 44-14462, possibly - "Albemarle Pippin", not "Albemarie Pippin".

https://www.albemarleciderworks.com/...bemarle-pippin

Col.

Last edited by Col Bruggy; 30th October 2017 at 03:23.
Old 30th October 2017, 07:42
Alter Hase

Frank Olynyk is on a distinguished road

The MACR for Parker (13641) certainly says "Albemarie Pippin". But I doubt the suggestion of "Albemarle Pippin". I doubt that Parker would have encountered that particular apple; born in California, enlisted in New Hampshire, completed his flight training at Spence Field, Georgia. The apple came out of Long Island, and was made famous by Benjamin Franklin and Thomas Jefferson. Today best known in the Virginia area (I think).

A better suggestion is on the 325th FG Inventory website, http://www.checkertails.org/Archived.../Inventory.htm
based on research by Dwayne Tabatt, There it is stated that the aircraft name was "Alba Marie Pippin". This version sounds more like a girlfriend. Pippin is after all a perfectly good family name. Dwayne's source is not given in the Inventory webpage, but I would trust his research. Anyone know of a photograph of Parker's aircraft (#57 I believe)?

Enjoy!

Frank.
Old 30th October 2017, 09:58
Alter Hase

Col Bruggy will become famous soon enough

Frank,

Fair enough! Similar to what you state was available here: http://raf-112-squadron.org/325thfghonor_roll.html scroll down to 2 Apr 45. Just to tempting to let it slide.
I couldn't find a photograph of "57" in either, Checkertail Clan/McDowell & Hess, or, Aces, Pilots & Aircraft of the 9th, 12th & 15th USAAF/David Weatherill. There is one on p.142 of Herschel Green's, Herky! The Memoirs of a Checkertail Ace, but there is no name visible.

Col.

Last edited by Col Bruggy; 30th October 2017 at 10:35.