Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum  

Go Back   Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum > Discussion > Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces

Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces Please use this forum to discuss the German Luftwaffe and the Air Forces of its Allies.

Old 5th October 2014, 12:17

mikevanv is on a distinguished road
Oberstleutenant Georg - Hermann Greiner.

Hello.

For my investigation about the airwar I try to contact Oberstleutenant Georg- Hermann Greiner who was the commander in the Nachtjagdgeschwader 1. I know that he lives in Wangen but I can't find his adress. Can anyone give me his adress?
Regards Mike
Old 5th October 2014, 14:17
Alter Hase

Chris Goss has a spectacular aura aboutChris Goss has a spectacular aura about
Re: Oberstleutenant Georg - Hermann Greiner.

Many people have contacted Herr Greiner over the years (myself included) to such an extent that he has little else to say, especially as he is now getting on in years. Perhaps if you asked on this Forum what your questions are, someone will respond the the answers
Old 5th October 2014, 16:32

mikevanv is on a distinguished road

Hello.
I've a couple of questions to Herr Greiner.
I would like to know if the hes known Hans Dieter Frank. I'm in contact with the family of a wireless operator who died in a Lancaster crash. This Lancaster was shot down bij Frank and the family wants to know what kind of person that Hans Dieter Frank was. So I'm in search for somebody who has known him. I have also a couple of questions for myself. Did he have a special tactic to shoot down enemy aircraft? And what did he tought of the capabilities of the messerschmitt bf-110 and did he have mutch resistance of the bombers he schot down and how has he dealed with this?

I understand that he's getting older and that everything is getting harder for him, but I would really like to contact him to awnser the question from the wireless operators family.
Regards Mike
Old 5th October 2014, 19:18

David P. Williams is an unknown quantity at this point

Georg is extremely frail now and will be 95 in January 2015.

He is now unable to reply to virtually all correspondence. I have quite an archive consisting of his original school reports and documentation, as well as several hundred pages of his thoughts and reminiscences from his early career right through to his post war career.

As Chris suggests, it would be better if you had specific questions someone may well be able to help you. His partner is 2 years older than Georg and both are looking for a little peace in their final years together.
Old 5th October 2014, 22:18

Marcel Hogenhuis will become famous soon enough

Hello Chris, hello David,

Wise decision, it becomes really a strain for these old gentlemen to answer such details.

Marcel